The speculation is over, Valve have officially announced Portal 2.
This announcement has not come as a big surprise to many thanks to a fantastic teaser campaign by Valve that has led up to the announcement and already generated a great deal of hype.
So when’s it out, and what’s it going to be available on? Information after the jump.
I’ve summarised the info for you, here you go.
- According to the report from Eurogamer, Portal is scheduled for release in the holiday season of 2010, which obviously means end of the year (rumoured to be October 26).
- The game will be available for Xbox 360 and PC, with the Playstation 3 once again being left out of Valve land.
- The game will no longer serve as some sort of addition, but will be sold at full retail price as a standalone game.
- It also seems as though Portal 2 is going to feature a separate co-operative campaign and I can already see those puzzles getting pretty hardcore. Valve reckons you will have to not only play co-operatively, but think co-operatively as well.
- Will feature new and old characters
- GLaDOS is back
I’m excited to see where the franchise goes next. We’ll give you more details as soon as we get them.
Last Updated: March 6, 2010