He’s not made a heck of a lot of noise lately, but David Jaffe is one of the more prolific, well-known PlayStation developers – largely because he’s the guy who’s credited with creating God of War and Twisted Metal; two of the platform’s most venerated series. In 2007, he left Sony to form his own company, Eat Sleep Play. He’s back, with something and like everything he does, it’ll probably be exclusive to PlayStation.
Earlier this week you may have seen the bizarre trailer to the Bartlet Jones Supernatural Detective Agency, Jaffe’s new game that’ll be shown at next week’s PlayStation experience. It’s confirmed to be an action game, and not a survival horror as the teaser would suggest.
Those expecting a horror game from us (much as we’d love to make one 1 day) will be disappointed. Plus I’d hate 2 go against the amazing PT!
— davidscottjaffe (@davidscottjaffe) November 25, 2014
If you’ve missed it, here it is.
Those of you with long memories may remember that The Bartlett Jones Supernatural Detective Agency was featured in this rather bizarre video from October last year.
- Nick Kononelos: Producer and co-owner – formerly at Sony Computer Entertainment as Senior Production Manager and Art Development Manager. He worked on many successful titles like all the Uncharted games, The Last of Us and Killzone 3.
- Tj Madigan: Lead Engineer – Used to work as Programming Manager at Sony Computer Entertainment. He worked on ModNation Racers, LittleBigPlanet Karting and more.
- Brian Gans: Generalist – Previously worked as Senior Technical Artist at Sony Computer Entertainment on Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, Sorcery and PlayStation Home.
- Tobin Russell: Senior Designer – formerly at Sony Computer Entertainment as QA Lead, Designer and Level Designer. He worked on Twisted Metal, Twisted Metal 2, Kinetica, God of War and God of War II.
- Michael Riccio: CTO – formerly at High Moon Studios. He worked on Deadpool, Transformers Dark of the Moon, Transformers War for Cybertron and more. Before he was at Sony Computer Entertainment, working onTwisted Metal 3 and more.
- Kristen Perez: Video Editor / Game Tester/ Social Media Manager – She used to work as a QA Tester at Sony Computer Entertainment.
- Nafisah Tung: Artist – formerly Associate Artist at Sony Online Entertainment.
- Chris Kovach: Animator – he previously worked at Sony Online Entertainment.
- Heh-Kyu Sincock: Associate Producer – formerly Executive Assistant at Jaffe’s own Eat Sleep Play. He also worked at GT Interactive and SNK.
- Caryn Cook: Associate Technical Artist – she used to work as Technical Director at Digital Domain. She worked on The Bureau: XCOM Declassified and Transformers: Dark of the Moon.
- Steve Merghart: Art Director – he previously worked at Renegade Animation.
- Jonathan Ross: Associate Engineer – formerly at Motorola Mobile.
- Yacine Sefsaf: Senior Technical Artist – he worked at Microsoft’s Lift London studio, Paradox Interactive, Criterion, THQ and Krome.
- Andrea Dailey: Artist – previously at Vergeous.
- Blake Asbill: Associate Engineer – previously at High Moon Studios.
- Devlyn Daubenschmidt: Concept Artist – previously at Bit Mass.
I’m certainly intrigued. We’ll have to wait until next week to see more, I’m afraid. Keep an eye on the game’s official site, here.
Last Updated: November 28, 2014