I have had some time to really poke around with the new Xbox 360 and I have a lot of details to share, including everything from its basic specs to some new features, and even a few things you didn’t know.
Hit the jump for all the juicy information.
Ok so here is the basics that you need to know.
- Will be released for the same price as the current Elite
- Is very quite compared to the previous 360 models. Almost silent.
- Looks sexy
- Built in 802.11m Wi-Fi
- Comes with a Kinect specific port which removes the need for external power for the Kinect unit.
- Optical Audio port added to the back of the console.
What you didn’t know
- The CPU and GPU have been merged
- The hard drive is stored inside the unit and can be accessed through the base.
- The new hard drive is much smaller
- All of the buttons on the face are touch sensitive and make a unique sound when pressed.
- There are no more memory card slots
- The unit now has 3 USB ports in the back and 2 in the front.
- Will not ship with HD cables
- The vents on the side are for increased cooling
- The controller has had some minor changes made to the aesthetics, and now has black thumbsticks and base.
Last Updated: June 15, 2010