Are you flash with cash? Want a little extra kick in your jackboot? Well achtung baby, because I’ve got just what you need, in the form of the Wolfenstein Panzerhund Edition. A collector’s Edition of the game so limited, that it doesn’t even include the actual game.
- Vintage footlocker-style box, measures approximately 20″ x 10.5″ x 8.5″
- Box has a stamped number plate above antiquated clasp
- 11 classified documents of maps, case files and an X-ray
- 8” articulated Panzerhund statue, made of hand-painted PVC and ABS
- Exclusive steelbook
- 14 full-colour weathered postcards bound in a display book
- Three high quality embroidered patches
- Custom molded replica dog tags
This collector’s edition does not include a copy of the game.
The price for all this merchandise? A cool $100, or around R1100 locally.Throw in shipping and having to purchase the game to go with it, and you’re probably looking at around R2500 for the complete package. Still, as far as merch goes, this is a rather decent collection.
I’m baffled as to why this isn’t the collector’s edition that will be in most stores when the game comes out, as all the items could easily fill that void in your soul that requires video game themed items, but only Bethesda knows.
They’re also only making 5000 of these Panzerhund Editions, which for once, makes it an actually limited edition. Wolfenstein: The New Order is out in May, and it looks like a violent and sociopathic exercise in curb-stomping Nazis and filling everything else on the screen with enough lead to drown a witch.
And that’s the way I like my games.
Last Updated: March 27, 2014