The one problem that I have with Blu-Ray these days, is that most studios aren’t keen on filling up those dozens of gigabytes with bonus material. Few films make the effort to go above and beyond and earn your bucks, and don’t even get me started on the home release of Star Trek Into Darkness.
One movie that is broadcasting 1080P of a ridiculous amount of content though? Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues, which will boast alternative versions of the film, R-rated content and sex panther cologne.
First off, here’s the trailer for all that content:
And the obilgatory press release that details everything on that visual medium:
- HOLLYWOOD, Calif. – Called “hilarious” (A.O. Scott, New York Times), “fall-down funny” (Peter Travers, Rolling Stone) and just plain “awesome” (Claudia Puig, USA Today), “the funniest movie of the year” (Drew Taylor, AOL Moviefone) makes its highly-anticipated home entertainment debut when ANCHORMAN 2: THE LEGEND CONTINUES arrives
April 1, 2014 on Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD and VOD from Paramount Home Media Distribution. Fans can be the first to own either the Theatrical Version or the Unrated Version when they arrive on Digital on March 11.
- The ANCHORMAN 2: THE LEGEND CONTINUES Blu-ray Combo Pack includes THREE versions of the film—the original Theatrical Version, the Unrated Version and, in a home entertainment first, the Super-Sized R-Rated Version with 763 new jokes! Never before in the history of home entertainment has anyone replaced 763 jokes. This must-own three-disc set also features OVER FOUR HOURS of bonus content including commentary by Adam McKay, Judd Apatow, Will Ferrell, Steve Carell, Paul Rudd and David Koechner, gag reels, more than 90 minutes of deleted, extended and alternate scenes, five behind-the-scenes featurettes, table reads, cast auditions and much, much more.
- “Not since the Beatles have four men assembled so brilliantly” (Mark S. Allen,
CBS-TV) as Will Ferrell, Steve Carell, Paul Rudd and David Koechner who reprise their now iconic roles to take on the 80s and the first 24-hour news channel. Featuring
Christina Applegate, Meagan Good, James Marsden and a host of hilarious celebrity cameos, ANCHORMAN 2: THE LEGEND CONTINUES achieved the rare feat of surpassing its predecessor to earn more than $125 million at the domestic box office.
- ANCHORMAN 2: THE LEGEND CONTINUES Blu-ray Combo Pack
- The ANCHORMAN 2: THE LEGEND CONTINUES Blu-ray Disc™ 1 is presented in 1080p high definition with English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital and English Audio Description and English, English SDH, French and Spanish subtitles. The Blu-ray Disc 2 is presented in 1080p high definition with English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and English, English SDH, French and Spanish subtitles. The DVD in the combo pack is presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 TVs with English 5.1 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital and English Audio Description and English, French and Spanish subtitles. The combo pack includes access to a Digital copy of the film as well as the following:
- Blu-ray Disc 1
- Feature film in high definition (Unrated Version)
- Commentary by Adam McKay, Judd Apatow, Will Ferrell, Steve Carell,
Paul Rudd & David Koechner
- Feature film in high definition (Theatrical Version)
- Behind-the-Scenes: Newsroom—Inside the making of the film
- Gag Reel, Parts 1 & 2
- Line-O-Rama, Parts 1 & 2—Non-stop alternate lines from the film
- Welcome to the Dolphin Show—Ron Burgundy takes on the crowd
- Catfight—Christina Applegate vs. Meagan Good with hilarious one-liners
- News-O-Rama—Ron and the News Team bring you the headlines
- Kench-O-Rama—Mashup of Kench Allenby’s most Australian moments
- Cast Table Read
- Blu-ray Disc 2
- Feature film in high definition (Super-Sized R-Rated Version)
- Anchorman 2: The Musical—A look at the musical sequel that almost was
- RV—Dissecting the RV tumble
- Baxter & Doby—The lovable animals of Anchorman 2
- News Fight—Inside the biggest, baddest all-star celebrity brawl
- Deleted Scenes
- Extended & Alternate Scenes
- Previsualizations—RV, Shark Attack and News Fight sequences
- Auditions—Featuring Meagan Good, Dylan Baker and Amy Poehler
- Benefit for 826LA: “Spoiler Alert”—A special tribute to Anchorman 2
- Feature film in standard definition (Theatrical Version)
- The Blu-ray Combo Pack available for purchase includes a Digital Version of the film that can be accessed through UltraViolet™, a new way to collect, access and enjoy movies. With UltraViolet, consumers can add movies to their digital collection in the cloud, and then stream or download them—reliably and securely—to a variety of devices.
- ANCHORMAN 2: THE LEGEND CONTINUES Single-Disc DVD
- The single-disc DVD is presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 TVs with English 5.1 Dolby Digital, French 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital and English Audio Description and English, French and Spanish subtitles. The disc includes the theatrical version of the film in standard definition.
- The wait is over, America—Ron Burgundy is back and “funnier than ever!” (Liam Mayclem, CBS-TV). After losing his job to his wife and co-anchor, Ron reassembles the news team and squares off against a new rival. Will the world’s greatest anchorman be crushed beneath the weight of his own ego (and his salon-quality hair)? Anything goes in the outrageous comedy that critics are calling “one of the funniest movies of the year!”(Richard Roeper, Chicago Sun-Times)
- Paramount Pictures presents a Gary Sanchez/Apatow Production of an Adam McKay film: “Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues.” Executive Produced by David Householter, Kevin Messick, and Jessica Elbaum. Produced by Judd Apatow, Will Ferrell and Adam McKay. Written by Will Ferrell & Adam McKay. Directed by Adam McKay.
I loved the sequel for Anchorman. I won’t lie and tell you that is was 100% original, but I honestly didn’t care when certain jokes were recycled. Expect to see the Channel Four news team on your smaller flatscreen, around April.
Last Updated: February 26, 2014