It may have been delayed until 2016, but Dead Men Tell No Tales certainly does have a story to tell if you listen hard enough. The next installment in the Disney nautical franchise has a a pair of directors and a name, but little else is known of the next Jack Sparrow adventure.
Until now that is.
Bleeding Cool is reporting that they’ve got the first plot details. Take it with a pinch of salt though, as there’s no mention of how these elements will come together, or if any of this will survive the final cut when production kicks off. So far, the big plot pieces reveal that:
- Jack will have a new female foil, who may be a scientist who is mistaken for a witch
- Witches will be a big theme in the film
- A ghost lead will be present, as the character is a “former member of the British military now sided with Barbossa on a revenge mission.”
- The Bermuda Triangle will be present
- Two other leads will help whip up a romance sub-plot for those necessary demographics
Sounds like the next film will be sailing even further into supernatural waters. It’s all rumour right now, but it sounds plausible enough. It’ll be interesting to see how this all fits into one movie experience.
Last Updated: September 12, 2013