I’ve yet to see Star Trek Into Darkness. Partly because of my 3D boycott. And mostly because the twist in the film was spoiled for me by a blabbermouth recently. Still, I will see the movie. Eventually. And it’ll be in the comfort of my own smelly couch. And with a floor that is most likely much less sticky.
Here’s what you can expect when the film warps into action in September. Set phasers to special features!
Blu-ray Special features are:
- Feature film in high definition
- Creating the Red Planet – Experience the creation of a never-before-seen alien world, as featured in the action-packed opening sequence of the film.
- Attack on Starfleet – Go behind the scenes with the cast and filmmakers and witness the creation of the shocking attack on Starfleet Headquarters.
- The Klingon Home World – Discover the stunning world of Kronos, and see how the filmmakers reinvented the Klingons for a new generation.
- The Enemy of My Enemy – Find out how, and why, the identity of the film’s true villain was kept a mystery to the very end.
- Ship to Ship – An in-depth and thrilling look at the filming of the iconic space jump sequence, which both defied the laws of physics and pushed the limits of visual effects.
- Brawl by the Bay – Sit in with Zachary Quinto and Benedict Cumberbatch as they revisit their intense preparation for the film’s breathtaking climax.
- Continuing the Mission – An inspiring look at the partnership between the film’s crew and the organization that assists returning veterans to find meaningful ways to contribute on the home front.
Star Trek Into Darkness was a great film this year, one that equaled but never bettered the first foray into boldly going somewhere new by director JJ Abrams. Still, the Blu-Ray looks decent and as always, behind the scenes is never not fascinating when it comes to crafting a film of this scale.
It’s got an international release date of September 10, but we’ll update the post as soon as we get more local details.
Last Updated: July 11, 2013