I’ve yet to actually see the second and third Sharknado movies in full, although I’m pretty happy to have experienced them in internet gif form thus far. Which is why, when it comes to Sharknado the 4th Awakens (which is actually a genius level dumb title), I’m pretty content to have just experienced the 20-second teaser trailer below. After all, once you’ve witnessed a Magic Mike-like male stripper repel a flying shark with a perfectly executed pelvic thrust, really what else is there to see?
You can check out the teaser trailer to the latest entry in SyFy’s cheeseball B-grade schlockfest below.
Sharknado the 4th Awakens sees the return of franchise stars Ian Zeiring and Tara Reid (with the latter’s fate still to be decided in the fan-voted #AprilLives or #AprilDies social campaign), as well as Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No!’s David Hasselhoff and Ryan Newman. TV Line (via /Film) also have a full list of the film’s crazy cameos, which include just about everybody who seemingly was available at the time.
- Cynthia Bailey (The Real Housewives of Atlanta), Robert Herjavec (Shark Tank), Kym Johnson (Dancing With the Stars), TV host Carrie Keagan, T’Keyah Crystal Keymah (That’s So Raven), Gena Lee Nolin (Sheena) andAlexandra Paul (Baywatch) will play various Astro-X rocket scientists and astrophysicists.
- Benjy Bronk (The Howard Stern Show) will play a morning show host.
- Duane Chapman (Dog the Bounty Hunter) will play a chainsaw dealer.
- Stacey Dash (Clueless, Fox News correspondent) will play the Mayor of Chicago.
- Jay DeMarcus of Rascal Flatts will play the manager of the Shark World hotel.
- David Faustino (Married with Children) will play a Las Vegas gambler.
- Lori Greiner (Shark Tank) will play a home-shopping guru.
- MMA fighter Frank Mir will play the head of security for the Shark World hotel.
- Dr. Drew Pinsky (Loveline) will play a pastor.
- Patti Stanger (Millionaire Matchmaker) will play a reporter.
- Slipknot’s Corey Taylor will play a Shark World hotel security guard.
- Lastly, the following individuals will appear as themselves: Vince Neil of Motley Crue and Wayne Newton, along with Todd, Savannah and Grayson Chrisley (Chrisley Knows Best).
Sharknado the 4th Awakens will debut on SyFy in the US on July 31, 2016.
Last Updated: June 3, 2016