Who needs regby, foosball or that real life game of Pong where guys try and bludgeon each other with a fuzzy yellow ball? The real sport this weekend was contained within the ultimate fighting game tournament, EVO 2012, and according to highlander rules, there could be only one (winner in each relevant category)!
Here’s a look at who the new champions are.
Thanks to VG247 on the running commentary with this list;
- Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Version 2012 – Infiltration
- Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 – Filipino Champ
- Mortal Kombat – KN.EMP|Perfect Legend
- King of Fighters XIII – Mad KOF
- Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown – Fuudo
- Street Fighter x Tekken – Infiltration & Laugh
- Soul Calibur V – Shining Decopon
Out of all the games played on that fantastic weekend of fisticuffs, I think special mention must be given to King of Fighters XIII. There was an unusual amount of high level play in that new entry, but overall, this was a great year indeed for fans of the genre.
So for those of you who watched, what did you think of the tourney? Awesome, or could you have wiggled your fight-sticks faster?
Last Updated: July 9, 2012