We’ve got a certain amount of love for collector’s editions here at Lazygamer. And by love, I mean undying hatred for people who can afford them and to hell with the fact that they are by and large superfluous hunks of unnecessary plastic. There’s not one, but two new Assassin’s Creed games out this year, and you can bet that Ubisoft is going to double down animal-style on the special editions. Get your wallets out, and prepare to set sail.
Here’s what the Ubisoft shop (Ubishop?), is offering players with cash to flash:
- Assassin’s Creed Rogue game
- Collector’s box
- An artbook including concept art that inspired the game
- The official game soundtrack
- 3 lithographs in a stylized envelope
- The Siege of Fort de Sable Mission: Continue the battle at sea with this bonus fort raiding mission set in the unexplored northern territory of the New World.
- The armor of Sir Gunn’s Quest: Explore North America to find the remains of Scottish explorer and Templar Sir James Gunn and solve the mystery of the man who may have been the first discoverer of the New World.
That’s a pretty standard limited edition then, with the usual Ubisoft assortment of some DLC missions, an artbook and flashier packaging. Assassin’s Creed Rogue is out on November 11 for old-gen systems, and has players navigating the waters of the 18th century,the frozen North Atlantic, the Appalachian River Valley and New York during the Seven Years War as Shay Patrick Cormac, a former assassin hunting down the brotherhood who left him for dead.
Last Updated: August 7, 2014
August 7, 2014 at 11:33
that game still amazes me. 2 and a half hours to complete