The latest in EA’s annualised sports game FIFA 13 has demolished previous sports game sales records, beating the series own record to become the biggest sports game launch in the history of forever. It sold over 4.5 million copies in its first five days alone – and that’s in spite of the fact that it’s a little bit broken. Don’t worry though; there’s a huge patch coming to fix most of the issues you might be having.
Already available for the PC, it’ll hit the PS3 and XBOX 360 as soon as the patches are done with certification. Here’s what the patch addresses:
- Online Connectivity in the Arena when loading an Online Seasons match.
- The rare occurrence of the ball becoming invisible during gameplay.
- Audio commentary of player names when the game is set to Czech, Hungarian, Italian, or Polish.
- Connectivity after selecting a position on Online Team Play and Clubs.
- Pass responsiveness in the Passing ‘Skill Challenge’ Skill Game. The leaderboard for this specific Skill Game has been reset due to a scoring glitch.
- Rare cases of physics elasticity when two players collide.
- In: Ligo Do Brasil, Vasco Da Gama and Palmeiras get authentic kits and team names.
- Authentic kits for Botafago in Ligo Do Brasil.
- Visibility of the radar, indicators, and scoreboards in offline matches after playing in Online Team Play.
- Stability of FIFA Ultimate Team during single player tournaments.
- Softlock when playing a friend in FUT.
- Crashing in Pro Clubs kit selection screen.
- Replays saved to web will not overwrite previously save replays.
- Career Mode items including: Stability when editing a Virtual Pro if the squad is full. Stability when the loaning team rejects the loan buy of a transferred player at the end of a season. Player contracts increased by 1 did not take effect in player’s profile. Penalty Kick Takers can be selected prior to a penalty shootout when playing as a Manager. Continuation of player stories after the player is transferred/sold. General stability during gameplay.
Unfortunately for Wii owners, there’s no word on a patch that’ll make FIFA 13 on the Wii any different to FIFA 12.
Last Updated: November 6, 2012