StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void will be unleashed on the world in just over month, on November the 10th. Finally, the concluding chapter to the saga is within reach, and what better way to experience the last piece of the puzzle, than with a shiny Collector’s Edition? Though we already had a general idea of what it would come with, Blizzard have now unveiled all the contents of the box in much greater detail.
Do you have the money saved and ready to spend? Good, here’s what you’ll be getting with the Collector’s Edition, if that’s the version of the game you plan on purchasing:
Prepare to assemble your armada and reclaim Aiur in style with the StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Collector’s Edition! Emblazoned with the colours of the Protoss race, this ultimate edition of the game features a wealth of intergalactic goodies you won’t find anywhere else.
Yes, I realise that is text for ants, so here is a neat summary of all the things you will find in the box:
- StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void PC/MAC Game: The full version of Legacy of the Void on DVD-ROM.
- Exclusive behind the scenes DVD & Blu-ray two-disc set: This exclusive two-disc set contains over an hour of bonus features, including a retrospective on the history of StarCraft, a deconstruction of shots from the game’s cinematic, interviews with members of the StaCraft community and more.
- Collector’s edition soundtrack: listen to the haunting echoes of the Void with 21tracks from the game.
- StarCraft field manual: This unique 174-page book features original illustrations along with vital statistics, origins, lore, and other interesting facts about the combat forces and technologies of the three races.
On top of all of the above, in-game content is included for StarCraft II and other Blizzard titles too:
- StarCraft II purifier unit skins and portraits: dominate in style with the Purifier unit skins, a noble new look for your Protoss Adepts & Colossi, and unlock three Protoss-themed portraits
- World of Warcraft pet archon: journey down the epic paths of Azeroth accompanied by the shortest Khalai in the universe. For Aiur!
- Diablo III probe pet & Protoss transmog: face the demonic soldiers of the Burning Hells protected by the latest Protoss-forged armor. And don’t worry, while the little probe at your side won’t be able to scout enemy positions, it’s long on loyalty.
- Hearthstone Protoss-themed card back: show your dedication to the Protoss faction as you climb the ladder ranks or defeat your opponents in casual play.
- Heroes of the Storm Void Speeder mount: enter the Nexus poised on the awe-inspiring Void Speeder mount
Seems to be a pretty standard Collector’s Edition in my opinion. There is nothing that really makes me go “THAT’S WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT, WOW”. If you are interested in picking it up for yourself, it’ll cost just short of a thousand Randelas, at least according to Raru.
I’m rather excited for Legacy of the Void. I’ve played through the prologue, Whispers of Oblivion, and I’m dying to know what happens next. Will Amon destroy life as we know it? Can the three race’s unite to stop the impending doom? Probably, but not before a crap load of awesome campaign content takes place, and from the perspective of the rather awesome Protoss.
Last Updated: October 5, 2015