Ten years! Ten years of mayhem, loot and me hating those damn Skags in every single Borderlands game that they showed their wretched food-hole maws in. Do ye like skags? No space-Mickey in Space-Snatch directed by Space-Guy Ritchie, no I do not like Skags. What I do like is a little bit of celebration, something that Borderlands 3 is engaging in right now while I tinker around with my second run through the game as Zane (HE’S GOSH DANG GOOD YOU GUYS!).
Last week kicked off a chance to earn some properly rare loot with a rematch against several of the game bosses, but this week’s eye is focused on the cannon fodder who helped you grow stronger through trial and error. Called the Rare Spawn hunt, the mission for the week ahead is to track down certain named enemies, whose presence is about to become a “lot less rare” according to Gearbox:
During the Rare Spawn Hunt, the Rare Spawns below are guaranteed to show up in their designated locations and have an increased chance to drop unique Legendary loot. It’s your chance to seek and destroy enemies you might’ve never known existed, or snag the unique Legendary weapons and gear you’ve been chasing. Here’s a list of all the Rare Spawns that are part of this week’s event, along with their unique Legendary drops.
Find the dudes, plug them full of holes and you could earn the following gear. Maybe. I don’t know, space RNGesus has not been kind to me lately no matter how much I pray to him:
- Rakkman – Night Flyer, Legendary Pistol
- El Dragon Jr – Unleash the Dragon, Legendary Artifact
- Road Dog – Redline, Legendary Shotgun
- IndoTyrant – Random Customization
- Force Troopers – Random Legendary class mods
- Demoskaggon – Random Legendary Shield
- The Unstoppable – Band of Sytorak, Legendary Shield
- Thunk & Sloth – It’s Piss, Legendary Grenade Mod
- Maxitrillion – The Horizon, Legendary Shotgun
- Borman Nates – Psycho Stabber, Legendary Pistol
- Princess Tarantella II – Hive, Legendary Rocket Launcher
- Mother of Grogans – Random Legendary Artifacts
- Red Jabber – Random Legendary Grenade Mod
- Urist McEnforcer – Masterwork Crossbow, Legendary Sniper Rifle
The rest of the month is still looking solid, with week three having the “Show me the Eridium” event, which will all lead up to the upcoming Spooky Surprise showdown at the end of the month. At this point, I’m just keen to see if there’s any one weapon that can top my favourite death-dealer currently: A Torgue assault rifle that vomits out fiery laser death and rockets.
Last Updated: October 8, 2019