Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is the first really good, fresh COD in a while – but that’s all been marred by the fact that its multiplayer is fundamentally broken thanks to shoddy servers, and a worse set of lag correcting algorithms. Though it’s been getting progressively better since launch, the perpetual connectivity issues have prevented many from enjoying the game. It’s now been patched, and hopefully Sledgehammer can put all the vitriol from raging fans behind them.
The patch has rolled out to the Pc and Ps4 versions of the futuristic military shooter, with other platforms primed for prompt patching. Sledgehammer expects that the patch will hit the Xbox One and other platforms by the end of this week. Here are the PC patch notes, which are said to mirror those on other platforms.
- Adjustment to the in-game chat names notifications placement.
- Fixed Prestige reset issues, including emblems and challenges.
- Fixed Marksman and Camo challenges to not reset when you prestige.
- Connectivity optimizations for game servers.
- Fixed issues with Ping Bar not updating correctly.
- Fixed stats not accumulating towards leaderboards after prestiging.
- Adjustment to challenges to unlock Camos for weapons.
- Fixed round-based game modes, affecting Win/Loss ratios.
- Implemented ability to unlock eSports Rule options in Private Match.
- Fixed weapon reloads counting as speed reloads in certain circumstances.
- Added description to reload informing that you can double-tap to speed reload.
- Fixed double xp splash, so it doesn’t show up in private match, combat readiness program, or survival mode.
- Showing 4x or 2x based on whether a loot double xp item exists
- Add double XP icon to medal splashes when double xp is active.
- Fixed rare save game issue affecting playthrough progression
- KC score limit increased to 85 per match.
It’s the first of two planned patches to make the game perform as it really should have when it was launched just a week ago. Are you playing this year’s Call of Duty? Have you patched- and is it helping with the game’s insufferable lag?
Last Updated: November 12, 2014