Dark Souls III is all about beginnings and endings. It’s a theme that has carried on through the entire franchise, one of a fire being lit that ended the perpetual darkness and again of that fire slowly fading out over time as the shadows creeped back in. Naturally, there’s a few endings to explore, ones that’ll have you either praising the sun or succumbing to the dark below.
So yeah, I guess I shouldn’t have to mention that there’ll be some big spoilers here, but I’m going to anyway. You can avert your gaze, after the image below. The spoiler boss, deadliest of all Dark Souls III fiends.
The First Flame
Your standard ending. All you have to do, is light that bonfire after the final boss battle.
The End of Fire
Once you’ve collect the Eyes of a Firekeeper from the Untended Graves, give them to the Firekeeper before the final bos battle. When the fight is done, use the summon sign found next to the bonfire to get a new ending.
The End of Fire+
Same as the End of Fire ending as described above BUT attack the Firekeeper as the camera fades. Bastard probably had it coming anyway.
Usurpation of Fire
Ok, this is a doozy. You’re going to need to complete several steps to acquire this ending. Let’s get started:
- During all the conversations, interact with the NPC until they having nothing else to say to you
- Speak to Yoel in Foot of the High Walls, which can be done before you open the portcullis to the Undead Settlement. Head to other end of the stone path and you’ll find Yoel on the right side of a bunch of worshippers
- Talk to Yoel, and send him to Firelink. Once there, accept the dark sigil from him. Yoel is hanging out at the end of the corridor on the lower right side
- Level up with Yoel five times. The first level up is a freebie, while the rest are done by dying twice and returning to his side.
- The fifth time you do this, he’ll die. Make sure you do this before you complete the Farron Keep
- DO NOT attempt to cure your hollowing at any point, through means such as the Firekeeper or a Purging Stone
- With Yoel dead, you can now speak to Yuria at Firelink. She can be found in the same spot that Yoel occupied
- Speak to Anri at the Halfway Fortress bonfire
- Once you’ve beaten the Deacons of the Deep, go back to Firelink and speak to Anri again
- After you’ve clobbered the Abyss Watcher, you’ll find Anri in the catacombs of Carthus, past the steps where the skeleton ball attacks and opposite an archway through a corridor
- Talk to Anri again, after you’ve gone further in the catacombs
- Search for Horace in the Smouldering Lake and kill the bugger
- Return to Anri and spread the good news to her about Horace being dead
- Speak to Anri again at the Church of Yorshka bonfire in Irithyll of the Boreal Valley
- After you’ve beaten Pontiff Sulhyvan, go back to Firelink and speak to Yuria again
- At the Anor Londo bonfire, lower the tower and go through the passageway where the illusory statue was and talk to the NPC
- Go to the far end, and use the Sword of Avowal on Anri’s body
- Talk to Yuria in Firelink one more time
- And there we go! After you’ve defeated the Soul of Cinder, light the bonfire and you’ll get the Usurpation of Fire ending
NOW BREATHE! Don’t forget, we’re giving away a super-duper collector’s edition for Dark Souls III, in case you’ve had to spend your money on less important things like food, petrol and a medical aid this month.
Last Updated: April 14, 2016