A new year, for new guns! By now, you’re most likely considering turfing your favourite legendaries and exotics in Destiny, thanks to the fact that they’re quickly being outclassed by those filthy greens on the battlefield. Fair enough.
But there’s also a whole new world of Exotic weapons waiting to be discovered. Newer, deadlier gear that’ll get the blood-pumping to your crotch-NRA. Here’s how to get your hands on the Chaperone, a new Exotic shotgun that’ll have you tossing your Invective away quicker than a terrible Christmas gift.
Credit to WhatIsRyan on Reddit for this one:
The Jolly Holliday quest can be obtained after completion of the main ‘The Taken King’ Quest.
- Get kills in the Crucible, with The Last Word equipped.
- As long as you have The Last Word equipped, you can earn points for kills using your supers, grenades and other weapons.
- Normal Kills grant you 1%
- Headshot Kills grant you 2%
- Death will lose you 2% of your points
- Killstreaks earn bonus points
- You need 100% on your score to complete this part of the quest
- Speak to Amanda Holliday
- Purchase a ‘Generous Donation’ from the Cryptarch
- This will cost you 15 000 Glimmer
- Speak to Amanda Holliday again
- Use a shotgun to kill enemies in the Crucible and high-level minions of the Darkness
- Yellow bar Major enemies on Earth Patrol does not work for this step
- Yellow bar enemies on the 240 Light requirement Daily Heroic mission will work
- The Tortured Knight from the 240 Light Daily Heroic mission can be farmed for 6% each kill
- Crucible Kills will grant 3% per kill
- Dying in Crucible will not cost you any points
- Universal Remote kills DO count towards the quest
- Use a shotgun to kill each of the Shield Brothers on the Dreadnaught Strike
- Talk to Amanda Holliday once again
- Wait to be announced as the winner in the next weekly reset
The Chaperone is an ace shotgun. It has an attack of 290, can hold five rounds and some nice perks that include returning ammo to the chamber for precision kills.
Last Updated: September 16, 2015