For what seems like forever, PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS players have been stuck killing (or successfully hiding from) others on the same island. It’s become well-worn territory, with many players knowing every nook and cranny of Erangel. Naturally, the millions of people playing the game have been incredibly excited for the game’s upcoming desert-based map, Miramar.
It’s a very different locale, a dry and dusty harsh location that the very opposite of the lush, verdant island – and will require that existing players form wholly new strategies. In a post on Steam yesterday, Bluehole detailed the map, and posted a handful of shiny screenshots to let players know what they could expect in the upcoming map.
- The largest city in the region, Los Leones features ample shopping, a skyline filled with new construction, and a glorious, golden-hued City Center. Players should secure high vantage points by exploring the numerous construction sites, and loot for gear in the cavernous, abandoned commercial buildings.
- El Pozo is a city known for its large industrial and entertainment districts. Players can test themselves against all comers in the Luchador Arena, put their motorcycle skills to the test In the death bowl, or hunt in the ruins of the long dead textile factories.
- Monte Nuevo is the picture of a town besieged. Ramshackle walls built to protect its residents now allow players ample cover to explore the well-stocked compound.
Valle del Mar
- Valle del Mar is a colorful oceanside town bisected by the De Toro bridge. To the West of the bridge is a quaint school, and to the East, a beautiful church. The key to holding this town is bridge control, as it’s the only direct route between mainland and the island.
- The shipping and transport capitol of Miramar, La Cobrería’s most prominent feature is it’s enormous Rail Yard. Here, players will hunt and be hunted among the half-buried cargo of a long dead industry. Careful players should loot the schools and campuses that dot this town before attempting to hold the Yard.
- San Martín is located just west of Hacienda Del Patrón. Checkpoints and barriers have transformed this once-quiet small town into a war zone. Both sides of the town have overlooks, so careful players should scout first, before charging into town.
- Once a tourist destination featuring the largest casino in the region, Pecado continues to thrill players to this day with its mix of high-value loot and dangerous sightlines. Aggressive players will immediately loot the Arena and Casino, but savvy players should check out the 4 story hotels between them.
- Chumacera is the husk of Miramar’s once thriving textile industry. Long abandoned factories overlook a main road lined with residential and commercial buildings. Verticality in both the buildings and terrain make this town an exciting location to loot- high risk, high opportunity!
The map is expected to launch later this month with the game’s proper release, possibly coinciding with the game’s Xbox One Early Access release on December 12.
Last Updated: December 7, 2017
Craig "CrAiGiSh" Dodd
December 7, 2017 at 09:36
JUST GIVE US OPTIMIZATION !!!