It seems I’m not the only one who’s fallen masked head over silent heels in love with Arkane Studio’s stealthy first-person steampunk adventure – as it’s just thiefed off with Gamescom’s official game of show award. The awards were chosen by 20 international jurors and experts from the world’s leading games media says Cologne’s Koelnmesse.
Dishonored’s also stolen the awards for best console game on Best Console Game for both PS3 and Xbox 360. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, actually deservingly, napped best multiplayer, with another favourite of ours, SimCity getting best PC game. Rayman Legends got the best family friendly title win.
Here’s the full list of winners:
- Best of Gamescom – Dishonored (Bethesda)
- Best Console Game PS3 – Dishonored (Bethesda)
- Best Console Game Xbox 360 – Dishonored (Bethesda)
- Best Console Game Wii – Rayman Legends
- Best Family Game – Rayman Legends (Ubisoft)
- Best Hardware including Peripheral – Wonderbook: Book of Spells (Sony)
- Best Mobile Game – LittleBigPlanet Vita (Sony)
- Best Online Multiplayer Game – Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (Activision)
- Best PC Game – SimCity (EA)
- Best Social/Casual/Online Game – Warface (Crytek/ Trion Worlds)
What do you think of the winners? i can’t say I disagree with any of them – though the Wonderbook win was a bit of a cop-out.
Last Updated: August 24, 2012