Wizards of the Coast has announced a release date for its next digital version of the insanely popular trading card game, Magic the Gathering.
Duels of the Plansewalkers 2013 will be hitting the PC, PS3, Xbox 360 and (it’s about time, really!) iPad on June 20.
Here’s what Wizards of the Coast would like you to know:
- Players Face a Greater Challenge – Magic’s ultimate evil mastermind, the dragon Planeswalker Nicol Bolas!
- 10 Fresh Decks
- Multiplayer Game Mode featuring Planechase
- Fresh Puzzle Challenges
- Optional Manual Mana Tapping
- Integration between the digital and paper product offering – Duels of the Planeswalkers players get the first look at cards from the upcoming Magic 2013 Core Set releasing this summer
- In addition to XBox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC, Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 is going to be available on iPad!
I’m pretty damned excited for this. As a former MtG player, I’ve been looking for a Magic game for the iPad; I’ve tried all the available clones and similar digital trading card games, but not a single one has resonated with me. It’ll be nice to have the real deal.
Last Updated: June 6, 2012