I’m so excited for Final Fantasy 15, grasping at any info I can get my hands on. Which is why it’s nice to see some character bios being released – just wish we could get some details on the gameplay. Suppose we still have a long time to wait for this one.
So here are the official bios:
- Noctis Lucis Caelum: A childhood affliction endowed Noctis, heir apparent to the throne of Lucis, with the mystical power to see a heavenly light, through which he could sense others’ deaths. Noctis rejects rigid royal conventions and acts as somewhat of a renegade, much to the dismay of those who tend to him. Yet while “Noct” may act brash at times, he does so in defense of those loyal to him.
- Gladiolus Amicitia: As lord of the noble House Amicitia, Gladiolus continues a line sworn to protect the crown. “Gladio” shares a friendship with Noctis that transcends birth and title, and his loyalty to his liege is born not of duty, but of brotherhood.
- Ignis Scientia: Ever the unwavering voice of reason, Ignis was weaned on shrewd logic and a classical education from boyhood so that he might one day counsel the would-be king, Noctis. He applies the deep mutual understanding and trust they have built over time to help smooth over Noctis’s brusqueness with others.
- Prompto Argentum: The puckish playboy Prompto befriended Noctis in his school days. He wears a chip on his shoulder as an outsider to the royal circle, but remains eager to do all he can for the cause.
- Cor Leonis: A living legend of Lucian lore, Lord Commander Cor Leonis’s devotion to the art of war is surpassed only by that to his king. Little love is lost between the ill-starred stalwart and Noctis’s retinue, yet honor binds him to keep watch over the group all the same.
I’m picking up some rather political elements, I like. It would be nice to return to the classic JPRG plot: you start as part of the establishment, then join the rebels, then lead the rebels to awesome success. I miss those games. Especially Suikoden, they need to make another one of those. But maybe Final Fantasy 15 will have those elements. I hope so. Oh, and here’s a picture of these emo-looking heroes:
So many boys in black, where are our ladies? Final Fantasy usually had awesome character design for female characters. Also, let me guess, the guy in glasses is the one who is with the logic and classical education. Le sigh. Oh well, at least they’re following fancy fashion designer Louboutin with having red soles on all the shoes – I’d love a pair of those boots!
Last Updated: June 26, 2013