Arnold Schwarzenegger made a career out of movies which starred his hamfists as they beat exposition into various thugs. Which he did, a lot. But which was the finest film of his career, worthy of a brand new highly detailed action figure? Terminator? Nope, we’ve got plenty of T-800s. Pregnant? Not unless you want to club in for a Danny Devito figure. No, that honour belongs to Commando, a movie which ate green berets for breakfast and crapped out memorable one liners. And now you can finally own a John Matrix figure.
Sideshow Collectibles, who you got a taste of at rAge this year, have the John Matrix collectible up for grabs from Hot Toys. It’s Arnie in his prime, ready to kick ass and take names. Check it out:
And now for the details. $249.99 gets you the figure. Here are the important stats from Sideshow:
- A newly developed head sculpt with authentic and detailed likeness of Arnold Schwarzenegger as John Matrix in Commando
- Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed wrinkles, skin texture, and war paint
- A newly developed muscular body with seamless upper body and over 26 points of articulations
- Approximately 32 cm tall
- Seven (7) pieces of interchangeable palms
- Each head sculpt is specially hand-painted
- One (1) articulated rocket launcher
- One (1) machine gun
- One (1) shotgun
- One (1) submachine gun
- One (1) pistol
- Two (2) claymore mines with two (2) remote detonators
- Three (3) knives
- Three (3) grenades
- Twelve (12) rounds of ammo
- One (1) black watch
- One (1) pair of green binoculars
- Two (2) green shoulder pouches
- Figure base with movie logo and John Matrix nameplate
Holy crap, that’s enough guns to wage a one-man war on COBRA. The figure will be out next year March.
Last Updated: December 4, 2014
Victor "Vicky" Moolman
December 4, 2014 at 17:08
I have not read the article but that thing looks like a strange and very uncomfortable combination of Val Kilmer and Arnold Imanotevegonnatrygazzzoooor
December 4, 2014 at 17:18
Fuck you asshole.
Fuck you asshole.