The Evil Within is hoping to help revive the survival horror genre for the mainstream (read: non-indie) gamers. While the game looks beautiful, I wasn’t blown away by it when I played it at E3. They decided to release the achievements, but it’s not as easy as finding a list – there’s a puzzle to solve first.
If you head on over to the Evil Within site, you will find a puzzle that basically involves matches the achievement icon with the task at hand. Some are really quite easy while others are much more difficult. For the spoiler wary among you, just don’t do it. Also, you may want to avert your eyes now.
I solved the puzzle and was rewarded with a free wallpaper (as used for header) and the complete achievement list. You can feel free to see it with all the pretty images.
For those who prefer to read typed words instead of funny Evil Within fonts, here is the complete list of achievements that I have lovingly typed out for you all.
- What’s in the Box?!: Escape the Keeper beneath the catacombs
- Old Flame: Finish off a shrieking beast
- Weapon of Choice: Defeat the Sadist within the village
- Two on Two: Take out both guardians before the church
- The First, Not the Last: End a monstrosity in the underground garage
- Arachnophobia: Outrun a gigantic threat in the city
- Slither into Oblivion: Remove an invisible enemy from the equation
- Out of the Many: Defeat the ultimate evil within
- First Step into Darkness: Complete the game on Casual difficulty
- Another Day on the Job: Complete the game on Survival difficulty
- Master of Horror: Complete the game on Nightmare difficulty
- Every Nook and Cranny: Collect every collectable in the game
- Master of Unlocking: Open up all the lockers in the same room
- Hardbody: Fully upgrade all of Sebastian’s attributes
- My Best Friend: Completely upgrade one weapon
- The Power of Three: Completely upgrade three weapons
- Unstoppable Arsenal: completely upgrade all weapons
- Why Can’t I Hold All This Ammo?: Upgrade all options in the Stock menu
- Blow Up the Playing Field: Use a secret explosive weapon to kill 10 enemies (Agony Bolt effects negate results)
- Full House: Kill 5 enemies with each type of Agony Bolt
- Silent Kill: Kill 5 enemies in a row with a sneak kill without being discovered
- Burn, Baby, Burn!: Kill 5 enemies with a torch
- …And the Corpses Mount: Kill 30 enemies
- Krimson PD Fury: Kill 200 enemies
- One Man Army: Kill 400 enemies
- Ammo Conservationist: Kill 25 enemies with melee attacks
- Bloody Bar Brawl: Sneak kill an enemy altering hitting them with a bottle
- Drop It Like It’s Hot: Kill 3 living enemies with one drop of a match
- The Quick and the Dead: Finish the game with a clear time of under 5:00:00
- It Is What It Is: Finish the game without upgrading any skills with green gel
- You Asked For It: Finish the game on ??(AKUMU) mode
- À la Corvo: Have they lost their minds? Better get past them without a fight.
- Knife Beats Chainsaw: His engine roars, but my knife is strong enough to take him out. (Ch.3)
- Home is Where the Hospice is: That vision in the hospice… why here? Why now? (Ch. 4)
- Not Part of the Job Description: The water’s rising, but we’ll get out of this without a scratch. (Ch. 5)
- Everybody Gets One: Who wouldn’t reach out for a man clinging for his life? (Ch. 6)
- I Don’t Have Time for This!: It won’t stay dead! Better only fight when I have to. (Ch. 7)
- Item Management: This cave echoes like crazy. Better put the gun away and keep quiet.
- Bathed in Flames: Enough running! I’ll burn her to the ground right here! (Ch. 10)
- Not a Scratch on Her!: I’m not taking any chances, this bus can’t take much more damage. (Ch. 12)
- Entry Level Electrician: I should get this whole generator panel running just in case. (Ch. 14)
Killing all the things certainly seems like a bit part of survival here. I think I’ll stick with my sneak-em-up approach, although I’m not sure if that will work in this game. Will this be the new Resident Evil, or is there just not enough Evil Within?
Last Updated: August 22, 2014
August 22, 2014 at 09:04
I don’t know about this game. I am not the biggest horror fan, and it does look interesting but I don’t know…
August 22, 2014 at 09:05
As a matter of interest how many around them these parts enjoy their horror games?