Destiny, according to those who constantly defend it, is all about its potential – not what’s really in the game right now. Its perpetual grind, asinine narrative and rinse-and-repeat mission structure are all offset by the potential its future content can bring. A recent bug in the game has allowed a sneak peak in to what future content will bring – and it brings with it great potential. For more of the same, really.
Don’t get me wrong; I rather enjoy the heck out of Destiny. It’s a darned good time and I plan on playing the heck out of its strikes for months to come. That said, it’s difficult not to see its faults.
Here’s the video from YouTuber Kinsey_92 , showing the bug that locked players out of the tower, but also gave a glimpse of the future.
For those of you who’re averse to videos, or just don’t have the time to watch a cursor floating about on a screen, here’s what you can expect in the upcoming Destiny content, which is all part of its expansion pass.
- Strike [Level 10] – The Jovian Complex: A new Hive brood gathers it’s strength beneath the cosmodrome. Find their master and purge them all.
- Story Mission [Level 18] – The Veil Lifted: Root out the Hive beneath the Cosmodrome and discover a long-hidden secret of the Golden Age.
- Story Mission [Level 18] – The Seeding: Investigate the return of ancient Hive Wizards, preparing Earth for Crota’s reign.
- Story Mission [Level 20] – Gone to Ground: Find a Wolves baron and his conspirators who have betrayed the Queen and are hiding in the Cosmodrone.
- Strike [Level 14] – The House of Wolves: No description
- Strike [Level 26] – The Summoning Pits: Xyor, the Unwed awaits your arrival at the bottom of the Hellmouth (part of an exotic bounty not new expansion content. Thanks to /u/The7ruth)
- RAID [Level 28] – Crota’s End: He waits in the dark below
- Story Mission [Level 20] – The Wakening: Stop the Hive from summoning Crota and consuming our worlds.
- Story Mission [Level 20] – Wolves’ Harvest: Track down the Queen’s traitorous Wolves and recover what they’ve stolen from the Awoken.
- Story Mission [Level 22] – The Citadel: Ascend to the top of the Vex stronghold on Venus and assassinate the Wolves’ Kell
- Strike [Level 20] – The Hypogeum: The ressurection of the Black Garden has begun. Stop the Vex before the Garden’s heart beats again.
- RAID [Level 28] – Reef Raid: No Description
- Skirmish [Special Event?] – Only the worthy may face the Trials of Osiris for only the worthy are strong enough to endure what is to come.
I really, really hope Bungie’s taken the criticism and put a little more effort in to the game’s narrative and mission structure for its add on content. If I’m forced to listen to Peter Dinklage deliver poorly written dialogue in monotone as he hacks yet another computer or door as waves of enemies spawn, I may be forced to eat my own face.
Those strikes though!
Last Updated: September 29, 2014