Shadow of the Tomb Raider is coming real soon, and while I was initially ambivalent about the third game in Lara Croft’s rebooted series, that’s changing. Initially, it really did just seem like more of the same, but with every new trailer, there’s a little more to pique my interest. In what must now be the hundredth trailer for the game, we get to see how resourceful Lara can be.
Here’s a breakdown of the new tricks that make her sound more like Bravestarr than Lara Croft. Eyes of the hawk, strength of the bear, speed of the puma!
- Eye of the Eagle: She’s able to increase her perception by snacking on the right kind of plants. Sounds like she’s using jungle drugs to be honest, but whatever makes scavenging a little easier.
- Owl’s Meal : Lara knowns exactly which beetles and spiders she needs to use to turn their carcases into poison.
- Viper’s Lure: Sneaky arrows that lure enemies and explode into clouds of poison
- Viper’s Venom: Lara can craft poisonous grenades that not only explode, killing nearby enemies, but can also obscure their vision.
- Scales of the Serpent: when not getting high on leaves to increase her perception, Lara can use other plants to slow down time and increase her reaction time.
Honestly, with her botanical knowledge I’d just use the right plants to induce a chemical happiness negating whatever motivations there are to sneak up and stab people.
Shadow of the Tomb Raider releases on September 14 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC. It’ll be one of the handful of games on PC to support Nvidia’s new RTX cards at launch, so worth looking at if you’ve just thrown down R20,000 on a video card.
Last Updated: August 24, 2018
August 24, 2018 at 16:09
All I want is the dual pistols back. Was awesome to have that at the end of the first one, and you can see them in the mansion in Rise. But I’ve heard they won’t be in this.
I don’t mind the bow and ice pick being the main weapons for the new character but still. Whipping out dual pistols is just a lot more badass.