Mad Max isn’t a bad game, but it isn’t a particularly good one either. While visually striking, it loses its way when you’re doing anything that doesn’t involve your car. Things like fighting, running and, well, drinking water all become mundane fairly quickly. Thankfully, vehicle combat is truly spectacular – and it’s getting a nice little addition thanks to a new patch.
So you’ve watched Fury Road and thought to yourself, “Man, I wish I could pull off some of that George Miller magic in the game”. If you haven’t, don’t stress – because clearly Avalanche Studios has and that’s why they’re making physics bend a little more than toy putty in an upcoming patch. The tweaked physics will allow you to pull off fantastic mid-air car rolls, so that you can capture them and the explosive glory behind for everyone else to see.
Of course, it’s not just reserved for wasteland photo ops either. The increased control over your Magnum Opus will open up some new possibilities in vehicular combat too, making it more like the film it has nothing to do with. There’s also some improvements to performance, some fixes for tri-monitor PC setups (yes, that’s a thing) and more.
General Updates for All Platforms:
- Added optional “Vehicle roll” setting for more realistic in-air car physics.
- General performance improvements.
- Improved data streaming, enabling content to load faster and easier.
- Improved auto-aim target prioritization.
- Fixed various audio issues.
- Made various GUI fixes and improvements.
- Fixed several instances of the map not loading correctly.
- Made various mission flow fixes and improvements. This includes retroactively resolving a conditional mission flow blocker that was happening to some players trying to install the Baby Bars during the Wasteland Classic mission after the mission flow had been interrupted.
- General bug fixes.
Win64 Specific Updates:
- Fixed instances of graphics options resetting to default upon the game loading for some users.
- Fixed an issue which caused the Harpoon to not work correctly on triple monitor setups, and with larger aspect ratios.
- Fixed several keyboard entry issues with the WBPlay Menu screen.
- Made several Mouse & Keyboard Control improvements and fixes.
I still haven’t come close to finishing Mad Max, but so far I pretty much agree with the disappointment Darryn felt with many parts of the game. Still, it’s a romp and a half when you’re actually driving around, and this is only going to make it that much sweeter.
Last Updated: September 30, 2015