So who’s still playing Borderlands 2? I’ve already embedded my controller firmly into my TV as I struggle through Ultimate Vault Hunter mode, but dammit, I’m still hooked. And that’s just with one character. There’s still four more to get through, and as of next week, there’ll be a sixth.
You’ll be able to blitz with Krieg the Psycho Bandit on May 14, and a most likely a month later in Poland, according to his latest Twitterings that seem to have misplaced the moustachioed glory of Sir Hammerlock recently.
— Jonathan (@Whitehawkx) May 6, 2013
Krieg is also meant to be a more challenging character to master, as he won’t be able to benefit from any health-regenerating boosts that the other five characters have. Instead, all you’ll need is kill, as the more carnage that Krieg inflicts, the quicker he’ll heal up. Krieg can also be damaged by his teammates, a move that will allow him to atack with more power in turn.
It’s very much an all or nothing style of play then. Here’s his entire skill list then from the wiki:
Action Skill: Buzz Axe Rampage
- +500% Melee Damage, regain all Health on kill.
Duration: ~15 seconds.
Cooldown: 120 seconds, reduced by taking damage.
Focuses on ranged combat using a Bloodlust stack mechanic. Dealing damage to an enemy adds a stack of Bloodlust to a maximum of 100. Stacks decay after a few seconds if you haven’t dealt damage.
- Blood Twitch – +0.3% Weapon Swap speed per Bloodlust stack per level.
- Blood-filled Guns – +0.5% Magazine Size per Bloodlust stack per level.
- Blood Overdrive – Kill Skill. Killing an enemy gives +0.5% Melee Damage and -0.005s Grenade Fuse Time per Bloodlust stack per level for a short time.
- Bloody Revival – +0.3% Assault Rifle damage during Fight For Your Life per Bloodlust stack per level.
- Taste of Blood – +0.1% damage reduction during Buzz Axe Rampage per Bloodlust stack per level. +10 Bloodlust stacks per kill (+5 per level) during Buzz Axe Rampage.
- Bloodbath – Kill Skill. Killing an enemy with a grenade or explosion gives +0.5% weapon damage per Bloodlust stack per level for a short time. Enemies killed this way have a 15% chance per level of dropping Grenade ammunition.
- Buzz Axe Bombardier – When thrown, your buzz axe now has Dynamite attached to it which explodes on impact.
- Fuel the Blood – Kill Skill. Killing an enemy with a melee attack gives +0.2% (+0.2% per level) Grenade Damage per Bloodlust stack per level for a short time and adds +2 Bloodlust stacks per level.
- Boiling Blood – Increases the time before Bloodlust stacks start to decay by 0.5 seconds per level.
- Blood Trance – Increases the duration of Buzz Axe Rampage by 0.05 seconds per Bloodlust stack (at time of activation) per level.
- Nervous Blood – Kill Skill. Killing an enemy gives +0.3% Reload Speed per Bloodlust stack per level for a short time.
- Bloodsplosion – Killing an enemy causes them to explode with an Elemental Nova matching the element of the damage that killed it (Non-elemental damage will cause an explosive nova). Overkill damage is added to this damage. Each Bloodlust stacks increases this damage by 5%.
Focuses on melee combat and Health/Fight For Your Life mechanics.
- Empty the Rage – +4% Melee Damage per level; additional +10% per level when shields or magazine is empty.
- Pull the Pin – When you die, you drop a free grenade. If you kill an enemy with it, you get double XP.
- Feed the Meat – +10% Max Health and +0.5 sec Shield Recharge Delay per level.
- Fuel the Rampage – +20% Buzz Axe Rampage cooldown from taking damage per level; additional +20% per level from Health damage. You can now be damaged by teammates; friendly fire damage is 50% – 5% per level.
- Embrace the Pain – +7% Fire Rate per level when shields are down. +0.5 sec Shield Recharge Delay per level.
- Thrill of the Kill – Up to 10% per level of overkill damage is returned to you as Health, depending on how low your health is.
- Light the Fuse – Fight For Your Life is replaced with Light the Fuse. During Light the Fuse you pull out a live bundle of dynamite and can move normally. The bundle detonates when the timer runs out. If you kill someone you are revived. Getting a revive with the bundle explosion gives you bonus Movement Speed for the remainder of the time that was left in Light the Fuse.
Throw Dynamite sticks with Fire. Detonate bundle by holding Action.
- Strip the Flesh – +3% Explosive damage per level; additional +3% per level in Fight For Your Life.
- Redeem the Soul – You can instantly Revive teammates at the cost of downing yourself. You may revive in this way only once each time Buzz axe Rampage is on cooldown. +50% Fight For Your Life time.
- Salt the Wound – Taking damage from an enemy while your shield is down adds a stack of Salt the Wound to a maximum of 20. +1.5% Melee Damage and +1% Shotgun damage per stack per level.
- Silence the Voices – +50% Melee Damage per level. 12% chance to attack yourself with melee attacks.
- Release the Beast – Activating the Buzz Axe Rampage when at or below 33% of your max health remaining (i.e., when the ! is showing) instantly refills your health and transforms you into a Badass Psycho Mutant with +100% Melee Damage and +50% Damage Reduction. Buzz Axe Rampage is instantly recharged afterwards.
Focuses on elemental effects, particularly setting oneself on fire. Bonuses that apply only when on fire are in orange text.
- Burn, Baby, Burn – +7%, +15% burn damage per level. 7% chance (+7% per level) per fire attack to set self on fire.
- Fuel the Fire – Kill Skill. 7% chance (+7% per level) per fire attack to set self on fire. Killing an enemy gives +40% Elemental Effect Chance (+40% per level) for a short time.
- Pain is Power – +5%, +10% Weapon and Melee Damage per level (except for Sniper Rifles). -5% Critical Hit Damage (-5% per level)
- Numbed Nerves – +10% damage reduction per level when on fire.
- Elemental Elation – When Elemental Status Effect Damage is being done to enemies you gain stacks of Elemental Elation up to a maximum of 20. Each stack gives +1.0% Fire Rate and Magazine Size per level. Stacks will not decay while you are on fire.
- Delusional Damage – All Elemental Status Effects you cause have a chance to light yourself on fire. Ignite chances are determined by those accumulated from Burn, Baby, Burn and Fuel the Fire.
- Fire Fiend – Melee Attacks have a 10% per level chance to Ignite enemies. +10% Weapon Accuracy and +7% Reload Speed when on fire.
- Hellfire Halitosis – Melee Override Skill. Pressing Melee causes you to breathe fire in a cone in front of you. Cooldown is 15 seconds.
- Flame Flare – +20% Burn Duration on you per level. 15% chance per level for your Burn effects to apply another Burn effect.
- Elemental Empathy – Burn status effect damage heals you for 5% of the damage dealt per level.
- Raving Retribution – While you are on fire, taking damage from enemies will spawn homing balls of fire that seek out the attacker and explode on impact. Fireballs only trigger once per second.
And don’t forget about the final piece of DLC that is out at the end of June. That one stars everyone’s favourite demolitions expert, Tiny Tina.
Last Updated: May 7, 2013