I guess you could say that there’s more than meets the eye when it comes to Platinum. BA-DA-DA-DA-DA! TRANSFORMERS!
I’ll be honest, and admit that I’m a tad bit sad that we aren’t getting a Vanquish sequel from Platinum. Or Bayonetta 3. Or Metal Gear Rising: Die Hard With A Revengeance. But I’m also a massive Transformers fan, having spent many an enjoyable hour with High Moon’s Cybertron series of games that put a new spin on the ancient war between the Decepticons and Autobots.
Best Buy accidentally leaked the latest robots in disguise game, Transformers: Devastation. And baby, it’s all Generation One goodness. Here’s a quick round-up of what you can expect in that title, thanks to the Internet having the memory of a particularly vocal and revenge-obsessed memory. Pretty certain that there was an Elephant Transformer that I was going to segue to with this, but that requires hitting the ol’ Beast Wars DVDs. ANYWAY!
Transformers Devastation Overview
Face off against Megatron and battle it out with the Decepticons in Transformers Devastation. Equipped with fast action capabilities, this game allows for instant robot to vehicle attacks, slam downs, counterattacks, and infinite combos for a unique master combat system. Five difficulty levels also deliver hours of intense gameplay.
- Autobots face off against the Decepticons when Megatron discovers a way to harness the enormous power of plasma energy to cyberform Earth
- Platinum Games signature fast action allows instant robot to vehicle attacks, slam downs, counterattacks, and infinite combos for a unique master combat system
- Features 5 playable Autobots including Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Wheeljack, and Grimlock
- A deep customization system and 5 difficulty levels with overhauls in enemy composition deliver hours of intense gameplay
- Actors from the original TV series reprising their roles include Peter Cullen (Optimus Prime), Dan Gilvezan (Bumblebee), Frank Welker (Megatron and Soundwave), and more
G1 Baby! As long as this adaptation doesn’t play anything like Platinum’s last game based on an animated property, The Legend of Korra, consider me sold. The only thing missing so far from those screenshots, are the trademark transformations of the Cybertronians. According to the listing, expect Transformers: Devastation to roll out in August on PlayStation and Xbox platforms.
Hopefully, I’ll be seeing on the show floor during E3 week. And making Transformer noises. SHA-SHA-SHASHA! TRANSFORMERS!
Last Updated: June 15, 2015
June 15, 2015 at 08:12
June 15, 2015 at 09:02
June 15, 2015 at 09:31
…and all hope is lost. Means they paid Platinum next to nothing and we’ll see the same average game as we did with the Korra game.
June 15, 2015 at 11:42
Colour me interested 😛
Jim Lenoir (Banana Jim)
June 15, 2015 at 14:37
I might just have to get this one!