If you live in Europe or anywhere south of the Equator and you’re one of those children or child-like adults who has to catch them all you’ve probably been waiting rather patiently for Nintendo to release the Pokémon Bank. Your wait is over.
The app is finally available to download on your PAL 3DS. It’s free to download, and seems entirely unchanged from the version that was released to
North American and Japanese punters late last year. downloading it gives you a month’s free access, after which be prepared to cough up. I’ve confirmed that it is available on the South African eShop as well.
Here’s what you get, according to Nintendolife
- Access to 100 boxes that store 30 Pokémon each, with space for 3000 to be stored online.
- Downloading the Bank gives free access to the linked app Poké Transporter, which allows you to transfer ‘mon from Pokémon Black and White as well as Pokémon Black and White 2.
- Anyone who downloads the Bank app between now and 14th March will receive a fee 30 day trial.
- After the trial a full year of access will cost £4.49 / €4.99.
- Those that access their Pokémon Bank Box by 30th September will receive the Mythical Pokémon Celebi as a free gift.
You’ll need to have a linked Nintendo Network ID to download Pokémon Bank.
Last Updated: February 4, 2014
February 4, 2014 at 13:47
Alien Emperor Trevor
February 4, 2014 at 13:58
Oh thank goodness. My original thought was, because you breed Pokemons, that this was some kind of Pokemon sperm bank.