They may be battle monsters that have the power to break the rules of reality and fit nicely into a carry-sized pokéball, but Pokémon are also living creatures. Creatures who like any other organism with a hint of sentience, just want to be happy. And ensuring that your Pokémon are happy, is something worth doing. Not only does a Pokémon with maximum happiness fight harder and land big attacks more often, but it’s also a handy way to evolve several of them.
Maxing out happiness however, usually takes a while. We’re talking several days here, to get your Eevee ready to evolve into a Sylveon or your Togepi to break out of its shell and achieve a higher form. But thanks to this handy hack from Leafeon111 over on Reddit, leveling up that joy joy feeling just got easier. Here’s the method:
- Find two TMs that your Pokémon is capable of learning.
- Replace one of their naturally learned moves with the TM.
- Replace the new TM move with the second TM move.
- Now repeat step three for around 5-10 minutes.
- Level up your Pokémon.
And there you go! You can now easily max out the happiness within minutes. Here’s a quick list of Pokémon who evolve via that method in Sun and Moon:
- Pichu evolves into Pikachu
- Cleffa evolves into Clefairy
- Igglybuff evolves into Jigglypuff
- Golbat evolves into Crobat
- Chansey evolves into Blissey
- Eevee evolves into Umbreon/Sylveon/Espeon
- Munchlax evolves into Snorlax
- Togepi evolves into Togetic
- Azurill evolves into Marill
- Budew evolves into Roselia
- Chingling evolves into Chimecho
- Buneary evolves into Lopunny
- Riolu evolves into Lucario
- Woobat evolves into Swoobat
- Swadloon evolves into Leavanny
Remember that if you need a handy list of TMs, Pokémon Sun and Moon has a hundred of them. And we have all the locations for them, right here via this very handy link.
Last Updated: November 22, 2016
November 22, 2016 at 14:02
Sounds like cheating to me.
November 22, 2016 at 14:04