I dig this Mortal Kombat’s kollection of brawlers. You’ve got a solid mix of old faces, from series icon Scorpion to the ever-present Thunder God Raiden, as well as plenty of new faces. Of course, some of those faces aren’t available in the standard release of the game, costing players a few extra koins. I’m not going to open that can of worms however, because at least Mortal Kombat X has an option to try the bonus characters out in the Living Towers mode. I’ve already handled Jason this week, a nightmare fuel brawler who happens to be unstoppable. And he’ll be joined soon by the Edenian heartbreaker, Tanya.
Mortal Kombat X’s latest patch is live, as it preps the game for the upcoming new roster additions. My favourite Mortal Kombat 4 character, Tanya happens to be the star of that patch. Tanya’s backstory gets fleshed out once you’ve updated, while the game also allows her to show off her boots, which were made for walking. Through your sternum. NSFW images I suppose, from Takeda on Twitter.
As for that patch that I mentioned above, it’ll clock in at in size. Here’s how it changes up the game, in a very long list copied and pasted from NetherRealm below:
General Gameplay Fixes
- Many move-list frame data corrections.
- Corrected many normal attacks that were intended to be 0 or negative on block were being overridden to be +2.
- Hitting Front Punch + Back Punch + Front Kick at the same time at the special cancel window will no longer cause an enhanced move to come out.
- Removed the ability to mash normal attacks while continuing to block after blocking an attack.
- You can no longer cancel into an enhanced interaction during the first 10 frames of some block stuns.
- Versus Session Stats are now correctly award as wins/losses when you pause and exit to player select or restart match (Versus Session Stats can be turned on in Main Menu > Options > Game Play)
- Fixed several characters being able to attack on the first frame of a jump.
- Added unlock counter for Krypt.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing some players from joining an in-progress Ladder, KOTH, or Team Battle match from a chat lobby.
- Ping meter accuracy improvements.
- You can now choose to not play a Ranked Match if the connection is below the set threshold.
- Matchmaking improvements when finding a Ranked or Player Match.
- Player Skill Rating algorithm improved.
- Fixed crash occurring when receiving online VS. Challenge while editing Kombat Kard.
- Fixed a crash that sometimes happened when skipping the last fight in the Klassic Tower.
- Fixed an issue causing some offline replays to report “playback does not agree”.
- Added the ability to go full screen in the KOTH viewer by PS4 players who use devices that do not have a touchpad button.
Character Specific Fixes
- Cassie (Hollywood) – Assault Force combo can no longer be special canceled after the knockdown.
- Ermac (Spectral) – Special cancels done during Soul Accession now award the correct amount of meter.
- Goro – Brutal Kick now hits overhead.
- Jason – Temple Punch & Shoulder Push no longer auto-correct after it’s started moving.
- Jason (Unstoppable) – Some special moves were delaying resurrection from happening until the move was over.
- Jax – Can no longer get a free hit on opponents after his X-Ray.
- Johnny Cage – Adjusted some hitboxes to hit crouching opponents more consistently.
- Kitana – Can now perform her X-Ray attack while airborne.
- Kitana – No Longer airborne for the first frame after her X-Ray connects which could prevent her from blocking.
- Kitana – Gained a new attack on away +3 (Pretty Kick).
- Kitana (Mournful) – Glaive Throw no longer disables blocking removing a possible infinite combo.
- Kitana (Mournful) – Fixed a bug that causing the 2nd hit of Glaive Return to sometimes not come out.
- Kitana (Mournful) – Opponent can no longer by OTG’d after being hit by Staff Grab.
- Kung Jin – Cartwheel Smash is now -3 on block (down from +4).
- Kung Jin (Bojutsu) – Several staff attacks were not combo damage scaling correctly.
- Kung Lao (Tempest) – Cyclone now has 7 startup frames (up from 5).
- Kung Lao (Tempest) – Hat Spin & Orbiting Hat will now combo link correctly afterwards.
- Kung Lao (Tempest) – Shortened the time it takes for his hat to return after Hat Spin & Orbiting Hat.
- Mileena – Tele-Kick can no longer be punished on hit and will combo when special canceled into Air Sai Blast or X-Ray.
- Mileena – Can now perform her X-Ray attack while airborne.
- Mileena – Improved tracking on X-Ray.
- Quan Chi (Summoner) – Demon Spawn’s cooldown is no longer reset when a Bat attack hits the opponent.
- Quan Chi (Summoner) – Fixed some cases where the Demon Spawn wasn’t going away when Quan Chi got hit.
- Quan Chi (Summoner) – Fixed an issue causing Demon Spawn to sometimes instantly disappear after being summoned.
- Quan Chi (Warlock) – No longer has the Front Punch, Back Punch, Throw combo (Portal Slam).
- Quan Chi (Warlock) – Gained a new special move Portal Scoop (D, F, FP).
- Raiden – Shocker was causing combo damage scaling to be reset.
- Raiden (Thunder God) – adjusted some combo damage scaling.
- Shinnok – Away + 3 (Shin Kick) is now towards + 4 and he has a new away + 3 (Devious Heel)
- Shinnok – Can now enhance Hell Sparks & Hell Blast on block.
- Shinnok (Impostor) – Now steals Dash Punch from Jax instead of Ground Pound.
- Shinnok (Necromancer) – Can now control the location of Judgment Smash & Judgment Fist.
- Sonya (Special Forces) – No longer gains meter for Park Drone and Remove Park.
- Sonya (Special Forces) – Park Drone and Remove Park no longer resets combo damage scaling.
- Subzero (Grandmaster) – Ice Klone now always correctly goes away on block instead of sometimes leaving a Klone with no active hitbox.
- Subzero (Grandmaster) – Ice Klone cooldown is no longer instantly reset if it goes away on its own.
- Takeda – Slightly decreased the combo damage scaling on Fist Whirlwind & Whip Flurry.
- Takeda – Can now do his X-Ray with the Block + Front Kick + Back Kick shortcut on an arcade stick while jumping straight up.
- Takeda (Ronin) – When special cancelling into Blade Drop it will always fall the same distance regardless of Takeda’s facing.
Not included in the patch: Fixes to #TeamD. BELIEVE IN THE D!
Last Updated: May 15, 2015