From the Diary of Sir Hammerlock, Day 298: Most of the people who come to Pandora aren’t exactly natives. And most natives aren’t like that chap that I met on my travels, Salvador. A one man force of nature contained in a small frame bulging with steroid-muscles, Salvador was more than happy to recount his sordid experiences, about how he once shot an entire bandit camp up while nude, or that cold winter in which he was forced to consume the flesh of maniacs who had conveniently set themselves on fire. Still, a rather cheerful chap, overall.
Say goodbye to the Berserker, and hello to the Gunzerker. Much like dynamite, Salvador is a small package with a massive amount of bang, a steroid-infused Oompah Loompah that has the ability to wield two guns simultaneously in the heat of battle. Let’s see what a lifetime of substance abuse that stunts your height can do for you, with his skills:
With a focus on equipping and arming weapons quicker than humanly possible, Gun Lust gives players an edge in maintaining their arsenal, while giving the Gunzerk ability some extra perks.
- Locked and Loaded- Reloading your gun gives you +5% Fire Rate per level for a short time.
- Quick Draw – +7% Weapon Swap Speed and +2% Critical Hit Damage per level.
- I’m Your Huckleberry – +3% Damage and Reload Speed per level with pistols.
- All I Need is One – Swapping weapons causes your next shot fired to deal +8% damage per level.
- Divergent Likeness – +6% Damage when Gunzerking with two of the same type of guns. +6% Accuracy when Gunzerking with two different types of guns.
- Money Shot – The last bullet fired from any gun does +8% damage per level per magazine size, up to +80% damage per level.
- Auto-Load – Killing an enemy Instantly Reloads all of the guns that you have equipped that are not currently in your hands. Swapping guns after Auto-Load has reloaded a gun triggers Locked & Loaded.
- Lay Waste – Kill Skill. Killing an enemy gives +8% Fire Rate and +5% Critical Hit Damage with Guns per level for a short time.
- Down Not Out – You can Gunzerk while in Fight for Your Life.
- Keep It Piping Hot – While Gunzerking is in the process of cooling down you gain +5% Gun Damage, +6% Melee Damage, and +5% Grenade Damage per level.
- No Kill Like Overkill – Any excess damage dealt to an enemy that kills them is transferred to the next enemy fired at.
Focusing further on the Gunzerking skill, Rampage also gives players extra ammo, less recoil on weapons and an increased firing rate.
Focuses on extra ammunition and Gunzerking.
- Inconceivable – Up to 10% chance per level for shots not to consume ammo depending on how low your health and shields are.
- Filled to the Brim – +5% Magazine Capacity and +3% Ammunition Capacity per level for all weapon types.
- All in the Reflexes – +6% Reload Speed and +4% Melee Damage per level.
- Last Longer – +3 seconds Gunzerking duration per level.
- I’m Ready Already – +6% Gunzerking Cooldown Rate.
- 5 Shots or 6 – Grants a 5% chance per level to add an extra round of ammunition when firing instead of expending ammunition.
- Steady as She Goes – +80% Recoil Reduction and 30% chance to improve Accuracy on hit when Gunzerking.
- Yippee Ki Yay – Increases the duration of Gunzerking by 0.6s per level every time an enemy is killed while Gunzerking.
- Double Your Fun – Throwing a grenade while Gunzerking throws two grenades instead of one. The second grenade doesn’t cost ammo.
- Get Some – Shooting an enemy decreases Gunzerking cooldown by 0.6 second per level. Has a cooldown of 3 seconds.
- Keep Firing… – While Gunzerking, you gain up to +88% Fire Rate and +25% Reload Speed depending on how long you hold down the trigger.
You’ll need more than guns to survive Pandora, and that’s where Brawn comes in, as players will boost their physical toughness and gain health bonuses.
Hard to Kill – +4% Maximum Health and regenerate 0.1% of your Maximum Health per second per level.
- Incite – Taking damage gives +6% Movement Speed and +5% Reload Speed for a few seconds.
- Asbestos – -8% Negative Status Effect Duration per level.
- I’m the Juggernaut – Kill Skill. Killing an enemy gives +4% Damage Reduction for a short time.
- Ain’t Got Time to Bleed – While Gunzerking you regenerate up to 0.8% of your Maximum Health per second per level depending on how low your health is.
- Out of Bubblegum – +7% Fire Rate per level when shield is depleted.
- Fistful of Hurt – Melee Override. Throw a heavy punch dealing massive damage and knockback. Has a cooldown of 15 seconds.
- Bus That Can’t Slow Down – +10% Movement Speed per level while Gunzerking.
- Just Got Real – Up to +8% Gun Damage per level depending on how low your health is.
- Sexual Tyrannosaurus – Taking damage gives +0.4% Health Regeneration per level for 5 seconds. This effect does not stack.
- Come At Me Bro – While Gunzerking, you can press [Action Skill] to taunt your enemies into attacking you. You instantly heal to Full Health and gain massive damage reduction for a few seconds.
Other facts about Salvador is that his various crimes has netted him a bounty of $99 000 000 000 .99 for his head, and that he’s broken every law imaginable, from murder to cannibalism, from trespassing to public indecency.
As for his skills, many of their names derive from classic action movies, such as Steven Seagal’s Hard to Kill, through to references towards Die Hard and Clint Eastwood’s spaghetti westerns.
Last Updated: September 13, 2012