I think by now we can all pretty much agree that Duke Nukem Forever wasn’t quite the experience we’d hoped for – but Gearbox isn’t done with the game yet, and maybe some new DLC could spice the game up a little. Well, it’s coming in the form of the "Hail to the Icons Parody Pack,â€ a bit of DLC that takes the piss out of other, arguably better first person shooters.The DLC, free to First Access Club members, introduces new multiplayer maps, four new weapons (though you can still only carry two at a time) and three new gameplay modesâ€¦
Here’s what you can expect :
- Freeze Tag provides some of the most fun team gameplay in Duke Nukem Forever. Players cooperate to freeze and shatter their opponents in succession for huge point streaks and combos. See who can hold on to the babe the longest in Hot Potato and play free-for-all Duke style in Hail to the King.
- Call of Duke – Duke engages in modern combat in a war-torn city. Foes don’t stand a chance against the Duke when he spams the map with the N00b T00b.
- Sandbox – Players take the role of mini-Duke in a giant sandbox with two bases at either end made out of children’s toys. This map features Sticky Bombs.
- Inferno – Time machine engage! Duke does combat in a hellish landscape of lava and teleporters. Who turned on the 16-bit graphics, and more importantly, where did this DFG come from?
- 2Forts1Bridge – Hats? Duke doesn’t need no stinking hats. Give him a minigun and he’ll beat off all comers.
Bonus prize of absolutely not a damned thing if you can figure out which games are being parodied! Sounds like some fun and silly DLC..but is it enough to renew your interest in the game..or have you all traded it in already?
There’s no word of release date or price yet for those of you who aren’t FAC members.
Source : Gearbox
Last Updated: July 27, 2011