We’re pretty excited for the new Wolfenstein from Machinegames and Bethesda. Mostly because it’s a story-focused game that goes back to the series’ roots that manages to be modern at the same time. If you’re planning on getting the game when it’s released later this month, make sure you’ve got enough space. It’s huge!
Bethesda’s released the game’s PC system requirements - which aren’t ludicrous – along with the game’s size requirements, which are.
On the PC and either of the new systems you’re going to need 50GB of free space to get your Nazi-killing on. this leads me to believe that the extra space is either taken up by high-resolution textures, or uncompressed audio (as is the case with Titanfall).
Even on the older systems, it’s still a big game – and the 360 version will come on 4 discs, one of which you’ll have to install.
Here’s the list:
PC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- 64-bit Windows 7/Windows 8
- Intel Core i7 or equivalent AMD
- 4 GB System RAM
- 50 GB free HDD space
- GeForce 460, ATI Radeon HD 6850
- High Speed Internet Connection
- Steam account and activation required
Information to prepare for the console launch on PS4, PS43, Xbox One, and Xbox 360:
- Hard Drive Requirements: 8 GB HDD minimum and ~47 GB for total install
- Voice Commands optional
- Hard Drive requirements: 8 GB minimum and ~47 GB total install
- Kinect support for Voice Commands (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish only)
- Hard Drive requirements: 8 GB minimum
- Game includes 4 discs, including the first disc that is a mandatory installation disc.
- Hard Drive requirements for disc play: 8 GB HDD space
- Hard Drive requirements for PSN download: 17 GB HDD space
Last Updated: May 2, 2014