Xbox 360 Is All For Smoking

1 min read
6

XboxSmoke.jpg

This isn’t the first time I have reported about something like this.

You may remember that I posted an article about an Xbox 360 setting fire to a house in the United States back in April of this year. Well, this isn’t quite as bad but it still leaves Xbox 360 users something to think about.

The Cochrane Times in the UK report that an Xbox has caused a family to evacuate their house after not being able to locate the source of a burning plastic smell. After choosing to evacuate his wife and children, homeowner Cliff Chudleigh called the fire department to come and do their thing.

It seems that the source of the smoke was an Xbox 360 console inside a cabinet. Luckily there was no fire as it was only an electrical short, but it still makes me a bit nervous to think that my console might do the dance of fire when I’m not home.

As always, it is a good idea to unplug all of your electronic equipment before leaving the house, especially when you are going to be gone for an extended period of time.

source: Cochrane Times

Last Updated: September 5, 2008

Nick De Bruyne

Video games writer, editor and critic since '08. Living and breathing video games, movies and cars since the 80s. Follow me on Twitter if you love tons of gaming talk, and @pennyworthrevs for fun stuff and links.

Check Also

May’s Xbox Games with Gold include Metal Gear solid V, Super Mega Baseball 2 – and best of all, Vanquish

We’re in the last week of April, which means it’s time for Microsoft to reveal the games t…