Despite the name, there’s nothing nebulous about the latest ebook offering from Humble Bundle. The Super Nebula Author Showcase bundle is just what it says – super, and packed with Nebula Award winners and nominees.
The Nebula Awards are one of the most prestigious awards in science fiction and fantasy. Falling under the auspices of the Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers of America (SFWA), the awards have been recognising the best in genre writing since 1966 and winners include a who’s who of the biggest names in the business – Frank Herbert, Isaac Asimov, Ursula K. Le Guin, Joe Haldeman, Arthur C. Clarke and many more.
This latest bundle pulls together a diverse mix of Nebula-centric fiction and non-fiction, including graphic novels, novels, short story collections and even a cookbook from some of science fiction and fantasy’s most beloved authors and rising stars. Some of the titles below have won the Nebula themselves, while others are lesser known works from winning and nominated authors.
But enough waffle from me, on with the show! The Super Nebula bundle has four tiers, and a single measly dollar will earn you the following:
- Doorways – George R.R. Martin
- Venus Prime – Arthur C. Clarke
- Reading the Bones – Sheila Finch
- Howard Who? – Howard Waldrop
- The Healer’s War – Elizabeth Ann Scarborough
- Stranger Things Happen – Kelly Link
- Phoenix Without Ashes – Harlan Ellison
- Ad Astra: The 50th Anniversary SFWA Cookbook
I want that cookbook. I haven’t really looked to see what’s in it beyond a few recipe names, but based on that I just know I want it. And there better be a bonus cocktail page so I can learn to make a Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster.
Anyway, the second tier will set you back $8 and includes the following titles in addition to those above:
- Word Puppets – Mary Robinette Kowal
- Shadow Show: Stories in Celebration of Ray Bradbury
- Her Husband’s Hands and Other Stories – Adam-Troy Castro
- Robot Dreams – Isaac Asimov
- Yesterday’s Kin – Nancy Kress
- The Last Temptation – Neil Gaiman
- Inside Job – Connie Willis
- The Baum Plan for Financial Independence – John Kessel
- Sister Emily’s Lightship – Jane Yolen
- The Jagged Orbit – John Brunner
- The Cloud Roads – Martha Wells
- 2013 Nebula Awards Showcase
After all that we’re only half way! The $15 third tier will add the following on top of everything else:
- Conservation of Shadows – Yoon Ha Lee
- The Doors of His Face, the Lamps of His Mouth – Roger Zelazny
- The Very Best of Fantasy and Science Fiction Volume 2
- Frank Herbert Unpublished Stories – Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson
- Everything But The Squeal – John Scalzi
- Fountain of Age – Nancy Kress
- Moving Mars – Greg Bear
- The Salt Roads – Nalo Hopkinson
- Deathbird Stories – Harlan Ellison
- Archangel #1 – #4 – Willian Gibson
And now we’re onto the final stretch. The fourth and final tier is $20, and as if all the above isn’t enough, you get even more:
- Mechanique: A Tale of the Circus Tresaulti – Genevieve Valentine
- Kabu Kabu – Nnedi Okorafor
- The Computer Connection – Alfred Bester
- Burn – James Patrick Kelly
- First Person Peculiar – Mike Resnick
- At the Mouth of the River of Bees – Kij Johnson
- Report to the Men’s Club – Carol Emshwiller
- What I Didn’t See – Karen Joy Fowler
- Babel-17 – Samuel R. Delany
- Bloodchild – Octavia E. Butler
I’m tired of typing now. Do you like science fiction and fantasy? Yes? Then this bundle looks like a no-brainer to me. I want that cookbook. How about you?
Last Updated: May 11, 2017
May 11, 2017 at 14:55
Um, how is Ender’s Game not anywhere in these lists?!? Not only did is win the Nebula Award, it won the Hugo Award as well.
The movie was…okay.
The book was incredible.