Apart from the odd game of Hearthstone, I seldom play games on my phone. Last year however, I found myself playing a lot of Fallout Shelter. I don’t know what made me download Bethesda’s mobile title in the first place (the hype for Fallout 4 was real I suppose), but once I did, I got utterly lost in the wasteland.
I ended up getting over the game though, after a month or two. There came a time where all I seemed to do was send out explorers, and call them back, and send them out, and call them back again. You get the idea, right? It just wasn’t fun anymore – Fallout Shelter lost its appeal, and I’ve since uninstalled it and moved on.
- Turn worthless junk into useful items! Introducing… crafting!
- New Rooms! Build the new Weapon and Armor crafting rooms and use them to create your own items in game!
- Lunchboxes now contain a bonus 5th card: Junk! Trust us – it’s more useful than it sounds. Lucky wasteland explorers may also find junk on their adventures.
- Take the Overseer role to the next level. Build the new Barbershop and customize the look of any Dweller.
- Keep up with the latest fashions! Find new Outfits and Weapons straight from Fallout 4 in lunchboxes, or craft them yourself!
- Because four-legged companions bring overwhelming happiness, we’ve added new Dogs and Cats, and are introducing… Parrots! Plus, new Pet bonuses!
- Time of day is now properly reflected. Because authentic Vault simulation is our #1 goal!
Crafting? Parrots? SOLD! Junk though? What’s that used for? I guess I’ll have to download Fallout Shelter once more to find out.
Are you still playing the game? Are you excited for all this new content?
Last Updated: March 1, 2016