Welcome to The Extras! A daily dose of all the smaller movie related news, clips and just plain cool stuff that you might have missed!
- Right, hands up for all you
pervsguys who watched a steamy sex scene in a movie and thought “Hmmm… What I wouldn’t do to have been there when they filmed that”. Feeling a little shy? Well, let me sweeten the deal: What if the two people involved in the sex scene were the good looking duo of Brooklyn Decker and Patrick Wilson? And now you’re starting to think that this sounds like a very good deal, hey? But unfortunately, when it comes to movie sex scenes, much like most other things in Hollywood, the final product that you see is a far more glamourous affair than the awkward, spray bottle using truth.
Just watch this slightly NSFW behind the scenes clip from director Joe Carnahan’s Stretch to see exactly what a true sex scene looks like.
- There’s no doubts that Quicksilver was the breakout star of X-Men: Days of Future Past, which is why some fans were a little peeved that he wasn’t in the movie more. But Fox has heard your cries for some more Peter Maximoff and have started up this great Instagram account for the speedster where he just documents all his daily speedster stuff.
It’s the [speed of the] thought that counts! #birthday #gift #thatwasacloseone
- Marvel’s Ant-Man has been in production for a while now, but apparently it’s not too late to added a new face. Veteran TV actor Martin Donavan (Weeds)has joined the shrinking superhero movie, in what is being described by insiders as “a pivotal role”. There’s no further info about his casting.
- Just when you thought it was safe to go back outside to a near-future America where they made up this really ridiculous rule that one night a year everything is legal and everybody does really bad stuff to each other like killing and raping and everybody is seemingly okay with it the next day even though it must be super awkward to work in the cubicle next to the guy who set your wife on fire just the other night… and what was I saying? Oh yeah! They’re officially making The Purge 3 with writer/director James DeMonaco set to return again.
- Poster of the day: Jurassic Park
- Making a WWII tank movie is easy. Making a really good WWII tank movie where everything is authentically done is a whole other ballgame though. But luckily for us, when it came to David Ayer’s Fury, they went with the second option and decided to recreate hell anyway.
- Looks like… it’s………. official, there will… be way… more talking like this in………. the next Star Trek movie, as…. William Shatner… has seemingly been confirmed… to be joining the… Alex Kurtzman directed Star Trek 3…. and would be… sharing………. a scene with Chris Pine and Zachary……Quinto.
- Bonus poster of the day: The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
- Besides for being hilarious, action packed and just really, really cool, Guardians of the Galaxy was also one amazing looking film thanks to a bunch of superbly executed visual effects by the digital wizards at Method Studios. And thanks to this clip, you can get a peek behind their wizardly curtain to see just how all those effects were put together.
- We heard earlier today that Fox may be working on an X-Men TV series, but that ain’t the only mutant news that’s popped up on the interwebs recently. Although most people already assumed that it would be the case, producer Simon Kinberg has pretty much confirmed that the upcoming Deadpool movie will in fact be set in the same shared universe as the X-Men movies.
“There’s definitely a sort of overall plan that we’ve all been talking about for the X-Men universe now, and Deadpool obviously fits into that. So yeah, I guess I would say it’s part of certainly an overall timeline and thought process that goes into these films, some of which is inspired by the comics and some which is inspired by seeing what Marvel’s done with telling a larger tapestry and linking all those movies together, even as they stand independently as well. The same kind of thought is going to go into these X-Men movies at Fox.”
- I was recently discussing super-weepy love story The Fault In Our Stars with a friend of mine who, just like me, has a wife who loves herself a snot en trane tearjerker of a movie. My friend and I were both in agreement that for ouw wives’ respective demographic, Fault is like the perfect storm. I mean, how do you beat a tragic love story about TEENS WITH CANCER?! Well, the folks at Saturday Night Live have an idea on how to top that.
If you have anything you would like to contribute to Extras, whether it be interesting stories, funny videos, or artistic photos of yourself in morally questionable poses, feel free to drop a mail to [email protected]
Last Updated: October 7, 2014