Way back on the 21st of March a video was released on YouTube and somehow we all seemed to have missed it… but it’s gotten a resurgence on Neoseeker and IGN which has brought it to my attention and it really does have quite a lot of cool rumours in it.
It’s an 8 minute long video chock full of rumoured information about Call of Duty: Ghosts, or Modern Warfare 4.
Here is a quick breakdown if you don’t have YouTube access or bandwidth
- Full announcement around the 1st of May 2013
- It will be called Call of Duty: Ghosts (not Ghost… )
- The story will be based in the future, but using current gen weapons.
- Queue complaints about being lazy and not using new assets
- The dolphin dive is likely be phased out and replaced with a dash into a Hollywood styled slide and shoot option
- Peeking around corners is coming to consoles
- You will now be able to roll while prone, which I can see as being amazingly irritating
- Spec Ops is gone.. finished.. a new un-named mini game will replace it
- The developers are trying to get Battlefield styled destruction in game but are struggling in the MP section. I’d guess because of the tight maps that COD is famous for would be pointless if you can level them all
- It’s only coming to next gen platforms.
If the last point is true it would be a big gamble by Activision and one that I can imagine is being helped with a bunch of cash passing hands from Sony and Microsoft.
So what do you think, is this just hopeful wishing from a Call of Duty fan or are these some solid advancements in the series?
Last Updated: April 8, 2013