Since its release, the PlayStation 4 version of EA’s football simulator FIFA 15 has been causing pundits problems. Those problems include stuttering, wonky online connectivity and the uneasy feeling that you should have waited for PES 15. There’s a new patch that’s out to fix some of those problems.
Here’s what the new patch does, according to EA.
- Fixed ‘search-by-name’ functionality in Career Mode
- Added the latency indicator to FIFA 15 Ultimate Team so fans can view health of connection before entering an online match
- Improved set-piece cameras in Online Seasons for Guest players
- Corrected home crowds in Match Day Live matches
- Fixed occurrences where the player would be unable to progress at the end of a FUT match due to the post-match menus not appearing
- Fix to hospitality upgrades in Career Mode and Pro Clubs
- Addressed exploit where players could infinitely switch kick-takers on set-pieces
- Fixed occurrence where changes to the Subs and/or Reserves are not brought into Season matches
With regards to the stuttering issue, that won;t be fixed by this patch, but it is something EA is aware of and trying to nail down.
We believe we have made progress in our on-going investigation of the stuttering issues currently affecting a small percentage of PS4 users. If you’re affected by this issue please you can help us with our investigation by providing details to @EASPORTSFIFA on Twitter.
Are you experiencing any issues in FIFA 15 on the PS4? Let us know, and let us know if the patch helps alleviate any of them.
Last Updated: October 14, 2014