Goat Simulator, the very bizarre game that has you playing as, yes, a goat started out as a joke – but ended up being a rather fun, rather silly sandbox. It’s mostly successfully taken the piss out of just about everything – and it’s now fired a few shots at games that are perpetually in early accesss; games like DayZ and Rust. With its new, impending DLC – referencing a rather ghastly internet shock meme – Goat simulator brings Zombies. Welcome, GoatZ.
Here’s what its developers have to say about the add-on:
That’s right. GoatZ is the latest DLC for Goat Simulator and it will be the only survival game on Steam that isn’t in Early Access!*
- Mandatory crafting system because everyone else is doing it
- Zombies that bug out. There’s a pun here about actual living bugs, but we’re not going to bother
- You can craft anything in the world, as long as it’s one of the half dozen weapons in the game
- Zombies, because this is a zombie game, remember?
- A pretty big new map with some stuff in it
- Completely realistic survival mode where you have to eat every damn five minutes to survive because Dean Hall & Garry Newman said so
*not totally sure if this is even true, to be honest we didn’t bother to look it up. But it’s still pretty funny, right?
GoatZ will be released on May 7th on Steam as a DLC for Windows, Mac and Linux and will cost $4.99. It’s also coming to iOS and Android as a standalone app.
Last Updated: May 5, 2015