So starting yesterday afternoon GT5 supremo, Kazunori Yamauchi, started tweeting out what we can expect in the Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 update.
It was also announced that the update will be released on the 11th of October, coincidentally that’s the same day Forza 4 is released… I wonder if they knew that.
So what’s the update going to have I hear you ask? Well thanks to dualshockers I don’t need to collate all the tweets myself, the GT5 Spec 2.0 update will contain the following
- Simplified interior view added to all standard cars.
- User control of the weather change feature.
- Added a setting sheet feature allowing you to save multiple car settings.
- Spec 2.0 opening movie.
- Improved UI usability and response.
- Replay rewind and fast forward.
- Ability to save during a race
- Online Lounge Expansion (Ability to narrow down car types via search, shuffle races).
- Expansion of the B-Spec remote race you can play from GT.com (a graph display now shows changes in race rankings.).
- Expanded Photo travel features. You can now take photo’s of cars together with your avatar.
- Added a “NASCAR Pit Scene” stage to Photo Travel
- Added eleven 2011 model NASCAR cars.
- Added the Nissan GT-R N24 Schulze Motorsport.
- Improved physics and AI.
- Support for the Logitec G25/G27 Steering wheel.
Honestly that’s a pretty poor showing to try and rival another games launch with. The only exciting part is really the 12 new cars but it’s not like GT5 was short of cars in the first place and as NASCAR is stock car racing the 11 NASCAR car’s added does feel a bit like a cheap cash in not to mention if this first screenshot below is the new interior view for standard cars then there really is a lot to be desired.
Now all that’s left to do is sit back and wait for the GT5 defence force to arrive and tell us all how amazing that interior view is and that I’m just hating on a PS3 title because someone has paid me to.
Last Updated: October 6, 2011