So like, apparently there’s this game out there called Grand Theft Auto 5. And it’s like done really, really well. No, listen to me dude, this is a video game. That has made money. Lots of it.
Facetiousness aside, GTA V has done gangbusters for Take Two Interactive. The company released their Q4 and 2013 financials yesterday, with GTA V being their number one seller for the year. Here’s a look at the figures and units sold, that have given Take Two Interactive an excess money problem:
- Grand Theft Auto V – 33 million units sold
- Borderlands 2 – 9 million units sold
- Bioshock Infinite – 6 million units sold
- Civilization V – 5 million units sold
So how much cash has GTA V made for Take Two Interactive? Well try this on for size: $1 billion in sales. Take Two also announced that Rockstar would be releasing a new-gen PlayStation 4 and Xbox One game in March 2015. My money is on a new Table Tennis game, and not a new Bully or Red Dead Redemption.
Take Two has more than that on the way though. Here’s the current release slate, via VG247:
- NBA 2K15 – Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, PC – October 7, 2014
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel – Xbox 360, PS3, Windows PC – Fall 2014
- Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth – Windows PC, Mac, Linux – Fall 2014
- Evolve – Xbox One, PS4, PC – Fall 2014
- WWE 2K15 – PS3, Ps4, Xbox 360, Xbox One – Fiscal 2015
Now to go mooch up to Take Two, and offer them my consulting services to help them get rid of all that extra cash that is just lying around.
Last Updated: May 14, 2014