It’s now more rare for a game to launch without a Season Pass than with one. Sometimes the post launch content on offer justifies the extra little cash injection, as is the case with Far Cry 4. You’re getting single-player, co-op and multiplayer content, as well as a little trip into a Yeti’s den. I highly doubt he’ll be as cuddly as I hope.
Ubisoft has revealed what will be included in the Far Cry 4 season pass, extending your stay in Kyrat and its dangerous mountain passes. You’ll stop Pagan Min from acquiring a rare recipe and using it against you and your rag-tag rebellion. You and a friend can also recreate your favourite Prison Break moments while escaping the Durgesh Prison.
But the headline content has to be the chance to go toe to toe with a clan of yetis in the higher reaches of the Himalayan mountains. Here the landscape is frozen and works against you in this chilly game of cat and frozen mythical creature. Thankfully you can bring a friend along as well, meaning you won’t die alone. Check out the full Season Pass content below:
- The Syringe – The day-one Season Pass exclusive mission will have you preventing Pagan Min from retrieving a rare recipe and using it against the rebellion. Take on The Syringe in either single-player or co-op.
- Escape from Durgesh Prison – Team up with a friend to escape Yuma’s prison after being locked up and tortured. Fun stuff.
- Hurk Deluxe Pack – More harpooning. More explosions. More Hurk. More awesome. Get access to five missions starring Hurk, including Yak Farm, Blood Ruby and Hurk’s Redemption. We just love this crazy country boy so much.
- Overrun – Play as either the Rakshasa or the Golden Path in this new PvP multiplayer mode. Capture territory around Kyrat and stop that territory from being taken by your enemies.
- Valley of the Yetis – A crash landing on a Himalayan ridge finds Ajay fighting for his life in a strange new frozen landscape. Scavenge for tools and upgrade your campsite, while fending off deadly nighttime attacks from a mysterious cult. Explore caves in the area, but watch out for what lurks within. Valley of the Yetis has both single-player and co-op options, so it might be wise to bring a friend along to watch your back.
Note that competitive multiplayer will still be available for those of you not cashing in on the Season Pass – Overrun is just an exclusive mode that you probably wouldn’t end up playing anyway. I’m pretty intrigued by The Hurk Pack though. More missions with a harpoon loving lunatic sounds like the right brand of crazy that makes Far Cry so damn enjoyable.
Far Cry 4 is out next month on Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3 and PC. You can pick up the Season Pass for the regular price of $29.99.
Last Updated: October 21, 2014