Many of you have expressed disdain that the new Hitman is being released episodically. The first episode is available to download today, but it seems that many are waiting for the game to be released in a “complete” state before stepping in to the digital shoes of the mute assassin.
The physical, disc-based edition of the game was expected by year’s end – but according to the chaps at Shacknews, that’s been delayed to next year.
“This year is all about delivering the best episodic experience for Hitman and that takes us to Autumn/Fall,” IO told the site. “Releasing the disc version in January just makes sure we have enough time after the season concludes to dedicate to getting the best disc version of the game out.”
If you’re the sort who doesn’t really care about having the disc, but only the superfluous stuff that comes along side it, you can still pre-order the Collector’s Edition of this year’s Hitman, which comes with everything but a physical copy of the game.
For just R2349, you can buy the Collector’s edition.
- It includes: HITMAN Game and Collector´s Box – Get your copy of HITMAN in this premium collector´s edition box.
- Agent 47 “Chessmaster” Statue – A massive 10″ statue of Agent 47, considering his next checkmate.
- Tie & Clip Set – The iconic tie of Agent 47 and logo-emblazoned clip for going out in HITMAN style.
- Artbook – A hardcover art book with 60 pages that take you deeper into the World of Assassination.
- Digital Game Download – Contains your code to download your copy of the full game.
What it doesn’t really include is the game, because it’s not finished yet – but you get to download it all as it’s released in bits and pieces. For what it’s worth, the game seems pretty good.
Here. Have a cringe.
Last Updated: March 11, 2016
Alien Emperor Trevor
March 11, 2016 at 08:16
I’ll wait. I buy game, I play game, I finish game, I move on to another game. I don’t go back. That is a cool doll though, wouldn’t mind having that on the old mantle piece.
March 11, 2016 at 09:44
No. I won’t buy it episodic. Buy, play, next. Come back if I feel like it. I can’t risk buying the game’s first episode and then losing interest while waiting for the 2nd episode etc