We’ve gotten word from Media Molecule that Leerdammer, the latest in a a series of cheese-named updates for their seminal creation game LittleBigPlanet has gone live. For reference, Leerdammer is A creamy white Dutch cheese with a sweet and somewhat nutty flavour that becomes more pronounced with age.
How do you take LittleBigPlanet’s creation utilities and make them better? By making them an online co-op experience, of course – letting you and your buddies get together to mould the world of LittleBigPlanet in to your own. The new update also includes also includes location-based matchmaking (along with a slew of other additions and fixes) making that even easier.
The update is 50mb, and is available right now.
Full list of additions and fixes after the jump.
- Play, Create, Share scores have been removed – we thought these scores were a good idea but they never worked in the way we wanted them to. They may return one day. Maybe.
- Checkpoints can now be activated using switches.
- Sticker switches have been made more noticeable and give better feedback to the player when attempting to place stickers on them.
- If you collect a key whilst playing a community level, you will now see the level unlocking for you once the level you are playing has been completed. You can also search for linked levels in the search menu.
- Online Create – Now you can create with up to three other players online across the internet, across the world!
- Simply invite others to join you whilst in Create Mode.
- Networking fixes & location-based matchmaking- We’ve rewritten both the way the game handles networking code and the way it finds people for you to play with
- Save game rewrite- We’ve changed the way your saved games work to make it faster, more flexible and more robust. It also means you’ll be able to save way more stuff.
- Profile Backup – The save game backup options can be found in the Profile Settings page of the Start Menu:
- Level Backup – You can now backup individual levels! On your moon, select a level and press the Square Button to bring up the options. There will be a new option under the publish menu:
- Increased profile space – On top of the extra space you get from the save game re-write, we’ve also doubled the number of photos and costumes that you can save to Popit.
- If you play a level but do not complete it, a silver Sackboy medal will be displayed on the badge, to get a gold medal you must complete the level.
- We made the LittleBigStore a bit easier to navigate and also to download things after purchase.
- There is now an option to ‘Auto-Reject’ invitations from other players. The option is in ‘Profile Settings’. If you have this set to â€˜On, no one will be able to join you unless you choose to ‘Play Online’. This setting is not saved to your profile and needs to be set every time you play.
- Race Gates can be made thin again!
- You can now user the Sticker and Decoration tool and turn Sackboy around while in Customisation mode.
- Added the QWERTY keyboard layout to the text chat menu
- Pressing L2 and R2 while browsing community levels can now show you the name or the author of each level on the earth as well as the Heart Count and Rating.
Thanks, Media Molecule.
Last Updated: November 30, 2009