Pro Evolution Soccer 16 is pretty damned good – but the last official Data Pack and patch didn’t do much to make players happy. Mostly, it had a host of missing player transfers, despite promises to the contrary. Konami’s now confirmed that the second Data Pack is on its way, and should be hitting the game next week, on December 3.
“The rosters will be updated for all offline modes, correcting those missing in the previous Data Pack and covering all moves made until October 19th,” says Konami.
The update will also add a host of new player likeness, using Konami’s fancy new face-scanning tech. Expect to see life-like digital replicas of players like Fernando Torres, Kevin de Bruyne, Julian Draxler, Jamie Vardy and Aleksander Mitrovic – with more player likenesses being added in the coming months.
In addition to that, players can expect new international kits from the likes of Germany, Italy and Spain. Oh, and eight new licenced bits of footwear, because that’s the sort of thing that really matters in a football game.
There’s also one new features that’s exclusive to the new-gen versions of the game.
“For PlayStation 4 and Xbox One users, KONAMI have perfectly recreated the legendary Brazilian Estadio do Maracana venue, and for the first time in the series comes with a unique pre-match intro sequence showing the exterior and surrounding city and passionate fans lighting fireworks and flares.”
In related news, Konami’s also confirmed the imminent implementation of a pared down, free-to-play version of the game, so you can try it out to see if it’s better than FIFA 16 (Spoiler: it is) before spending any money on it.
To sum up, here’s what the new data pack, coming on December 3, contains:
- New International Kits: Kits for Germany, Italy and Spain.
- Team and Player ID Updates: 51 new likenesses to the player rosters, including Fernando Torres, Kevin de Bruyne, Julian Draxler, Jamie Vardy and Aleksander Mitrovic. Further players will be added in the coming updates.
- Updated Player Transfers: Rosters will be updated for all offline modes, correcting those missing in the previous Data Pack and covering all moves made until October 19th.
- New Stadium: PlayStation 4 and Xbox One users can play at the legendary Brazilian Estadio do Maracana venue, complete with a unique pre-match intro sequence showing the exterior and surrounding city.
- New Boots and Balls: Eight new boot styles will also be added to the game, including the latest designs from Joma, Mizuno, and Puma. The new Nike Ordem CSF and Ordem2 balls designs have also be added.
Last Updated: November 27, 2015