Evolve is coming out next year in February and might be the only upcoming multiplayer game (other than Splatoon) that I’m excited to play. It’s as much fun playing a hunter as it is the monster, and I think it will be an absolute blast to play with friends. Erica Denning from 2K sat down with me at rAge, and I got some secret strategies out of her.
Here is the awesome interview with Erica:
For those who don’t watch videos, here are some choice tidbits for those wondering about cool strategies you can use in the game:
- As the Kraken, use mines in the starting area before hunters arrive
- Val could be seen as a better medic against the Kraken with Lazarus as an ideal choice against Goliath
- The Distillery map’s Steammadon decreases visibility – can be used to your advantage when avoiding hunters as the monster
- The Distillery map includes an actual distillery which produces a perfume that can mask a hunter’s scent, making the monster unable to sense them from afar
- Creature from the Distillery map defecates; if the monster eats the poo, can gain points towards evolution
Of course, as players learn each other’s preferred techniques, new strategies will emerge and need to adapt. While I am excellent at evading the hunters as the monster in the beginning, I almost always die when it’s time to take on the generator and have the big fight. I also find that depending on the group I’m playing with, any hunter or role can make a huge difference in the final fight – I’ve seen stellar support or trackers actually do more damage to the monster than a lame assault. You have to play to your role, but there is still a whole bunch of room for experimentation with strategies and techniques.
Have you gotten a chance to play the game? Did you find a preferred way of playing, or was it all dependent on your team members/opponents?
Last Updated: October 13, 2014