I have a pre-order going for a PlayStation 4 because yes, we have to buy our hardware. I learned this the hard way. I have to admit though, that the launch titles aren’t exactly spectacular. In the same Q&A post that spawned the PS4 information burst earlier, Sony’s confirmed the system’s launch titles. Here’s what you’ll be able to play on your shiny new PS4.
The list, says Sony, is subject to change – and doesn’t include free-to-play games like Blacklight Retribution or Marvel vs DC Universe Online
Sony first-party titles:
- Killzone: Shadow Fall
- Sound Shapes
- Escape Plan
- Angry Birds Star Wars – Activision
- Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag – Ubisoft
- Call of Duty: Ghosts – Activison
- FIFA 14 – EA Sports
- Battlefield 4 – Electronic Arts
- Just Dance 2014 – Ubisoft
- Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
- LEGO MARVEL Super Heroes – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
- Madden NFL 25 – EA Sports
- NBA 2K – 2K Sports
- Contrast – Compulsion Games
- Pinball Arcade – FarSight Studios
That honestly has to be one of the most lacklustre launch libraries I’ve ever seen – though the Xbox One’s launch library isn’t much better. I am stupidly excited for Resogun and a shiner version of Flower though.
Any of those you find particularly exciting? I’m gonna grab Killzone, and probably Assassin’s Creed IV – but the absence of Watch Dogs and Driveclub really does take the bite out of the line-up.
The next gen though – it’s nearly here.
Last Updated: October 31, 2013