Destiny’s first expansion, The Dark Below, is coming next week. As you’re likely aware, those playing the game on PlayStation platforms will be treated to exclusive content that won’t be going to that other platform until “at least Autumn 2015.” Sony’s PlayStation Blog has finally detailed that content.
Essentially, all you’re getting is one extra strike mission and a shiny new shotgun.
In the added strike, called The Undying Mind, “You can step back into the coveted dangers of The Black Garden to face a timeless Vex machine-beast that has survived for ages. Prepare for firefights amidst vine-laden pillars and decaying paths in an effort to destroy the centuries-old evil.” Thrilling. The extra shotgun you’ll be getting is called The 4th Horseman shotgun, and promises “Four barrels, five shots, and a sizzlingly fast fire rate that will eat away at the Vex legions in short order.” Please, help me contain my excitement.
As for the rest of you, here’s what you’ll all be getting in next week’s Dark Below expansion – which is, of course, part of the expansion pass.
Here’s a handy-dandy, easy-to-digest breakdown:
- New story missions that pit you against a Hive god.
- New weapons, armor, and gear to further customize your Guardian.
- The ability to increase your Light level to 32, and five additional bounty slots.
- Three new competitive multiplayer maps: Pantheon, Skyshock, and The Cauldron.
- New cooperative Strike: The Will of Crota. Purge a twisted horror from the Cosmodrome.
- An additional resident of the Tower: Eris, a resolute survivor of an ill-fated mission.
- And a new six-player Raid: Crota’s End. Face him in the deepest dark.
Last Updated: December 3, 2014
Jim Lenoir (Banana Jim)
December 3, 2014 at 10:41
Gasp! It’s almost like Bungie has embraced Activision’s tenet of “…merely phoning it in”.
December 3, 2014 at 10:44
I would love it if they could just create a mission that explains what the actual F*** is going on in the story and who the actual enemy is? Why there are different ones? Why they hate each other?