A few months ago, I expressed my disdain at rumours that Project Cars 2 was already being worked on – especially as the first game hadn’t even been released at the time. I found it terribly cheeky of them to presume that people would want a new one so soon. Well, it’s now been officially announced. And to dial up the cheekiness, it’s being crowdfunded again.
Yes, there’s a sequel coming for a game that still doesn’t work properly for many players. Ps4 users complain that the game’s not performing well and that the games online servers don’t work. Xbox One owners complain of poor performance; have a look, for example, at this exhaustive list of known issues. Pc gamers are experiencing the same thing.
So the game doesn’t work properly, sold pretty damned well and is asking users to fund development of the sequel. That’s taking the piss, surely?
If you’re interested in what I feel is taking on the shape and form of a scam, here’s the announced feature list.
- The Largest Track Roster Ever – 50 unique locations and 200+ courses including ‘loose surface racing’ on dirt, gravel, mud, and snow. All will have dynamic time of day and weather allowing you to play any time, anywhere
- The Widest Variety of Motorsports – with 8 different disciplines now including Rallycross, Hillclimbs, and Touge. 200+ cars from over 40 different vehicle classes including never-before-seen Concepts and Banned Race Cars
- Co-op Career – Play as the Teammate Driver, Spotter, Driver Swap, or Co-Pilot. More choices, more opportunities, more strategy, greater risks and greater rewards
- Seamlessly Connected – Socialize and compete via Online Track Days, have players from around the world take the place of AI-controlled drivers in your solo play, and get news updates on the Driver Network around you
- Pro Esports Racing – Skill & Behavioural-based matchmaking, create your own Online Racing Leagues, and Live Broadcast and Spectator functionality
- Your Home for Racing – Your own personal, customisable Test Track to tune and test your cars. Invite others to showcase your passion for racing and learn race craft and engineering with the Project CARS Academy
This is how you make people buy Assetto Corsa.
Last Updated: June 23, 2015